9 Things You Need to Survive the Rest of Summer
- The last thing surf- and sun-fried hair needs is more drying, color-damaging salt. Instead of a saline spray, try Pureology Sea Kissed Texturizer Salt-Free Tousle Mist ($28, pureology.com), a color-safe spray that features nourishing olive, apricot and jojoba oils. Oribe Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse ($37, oribe.com) hydrates while it creates texture and separation for a beachy look.
Is your cat eye heatwave-proof? Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes ($19, sephora.com) has a combination of evaporating silicone emollients and microcristalline waxes to adhere to skin through blazing heat, sweat and tears. WaterproofCoverGirl Ink It! By Perfect Point Plus ($6,covergirl.com) glides on smooth with intense, long-lasting color (up to 12 hours).
- Take out an insurance policy on your look with Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray ($29,sephora.com), a non-sticky mist that cools schvitzing skin and helps keep makeup in place. Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer ($32, benefitcosmetics.com) puts foundation on lockdown by creating a smooth surface for makeup to cling to.
A magic trick, for sure: L'Oréal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup($12.95, lorealparisusa.com) goes from fluid to silky, complexion-smoothing powder as you blend it fingertips. Maybelline FIT me! Shine-Free Stick Foundation ($8.99, maybelline.com) features concealer-like coverage in an oil-free, gel-based formula with an anti-shine absorbent powder core.
- Even if you're naturally sun-kissed by now, use bronzer to blend away funky tan lines and contour sexy cheekbones. This saucer-sized Orlane Soleil Cuivre 02 Compact Bronzer ($40,neimanmarcus.com) is perfect for swirling a big body brush. Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder ($36, lauramercier.com) has the most flattering finish: not too shimmery, but with a radiant sheen.
- Sweat and sunscreen can leave a dulling film on skin's surface. Wash away a hot day with Victoria's Secret Sun Blissed Buffing Body Wash ($10,victoriassecret.com), which has vitamin C beads to polish skin. Nyakio Kenyan Coffee Body Scrub($55, hsn.com) exfoliates with a blend of coffee beans and sugar, while mogongo nut oil moisturizes skin.
- Healthy pink cheeks are pretty much the only makeup we endorse for the beach, and luckilyCargo Water Resistant Blush ($26, birchbox.com) lets you take a dip without a meltdown. Bobbi Brown Sheer Color Cheek Tint ($26, bobbibrowncosmetics.com), part of the summer Nude Beach collection, has a cream texture that makes skin look lit from within.
- Like the original Lip Tar, new Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Stained Gloss($18, sephora.com) isn't going anywhere, even though its juicy sheen looks just-applied. Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain ($19, sephora.com) does double-duty, with hyaluronic acid that keeps it from drying out.
- There's a sunscreen for every personality. Like your SPF designer, like your shades? Oscar de la Renta Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30 Cream($30, oscardelarenta.com) has a light orange blossom scent. SkinCeuticals Sport UV Defense SPF 50 ($40, skinceuticals.com) was tested on marathon runners to endure even the sweatiest conditions.
More from DailyMakeover:
6 Great Tinted SPF Lip Balms to Wear to the Beach
10 Easy Hairstyles for Damp Hair
5 Ways to Style Your Hair Without Heat
Hairstyles to Wear to the Beach