'Celanese - The chemistry inside innovation™' to be Showcased at K 2013
'Celanese - The chemistry inside innovation ™ ' to be Showcased at K 2013
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Celanese Corporation (NYS: CE) today announced a first for the K Trade Fair exhibit this October in Dusseldorf, Germany — the global technology and specialty materials company will showcase the full scope of its highly-diversified products designed to help drive innovation in mobility, water, energy and infrastructure, healthcare and consumer products.
Under the theme "Celanese - The chemistry inside innovation™," the company will highlight its material solutions at booths A07 and B07 in Hall 06.
"The Celanese engineering polymers business, Ticona, has a long history of presenting innovative products and applications at the K Trade Fair. For K 2013, attendees will see the full scope of the Celanese innovation offering, from advanced materials to consumer specialty products that hold leading positions in industries served worldwide," said Maria Ciliberti, Celanese vice president of sales - Europe, Middle East and Africa. "We will show how our highly-diversified materials can provide solutions that help customers manage the megatrends that will shape a broad range of end-use applications."
Whether for transportation, consumer, energy, water or healthcare, the advantages of engineered materials — parts consolidation, cost reduction, performance, functionality, appearance, durability and recyclability — will be on display at the Celanese K 2013 exhibit:
With the push for lighter and more efficient vehicles, weight and cost reduction can be achieved with innovative structural and functional components that rely on light, cost-effective, engineered materials.
Various applications will be on display to illustrate how these materials help transportation customers optimize the balance of functionality, performance, aesthetics and cost. These highly engineered materials allow designers to consolidate parts into a single component, which can eliminate assembly and secondary machining operations and improve part quality, and achieve stylish, contemporary designs.
The exhibit will include:
- The JEC Innovation Award-winning AgustaWestland thermoplastic composite helicopter tailplane.
- Innovative solutions for automotive powertrain, advanced fuel systems and interior and exterior components.
- The expedition sled, or Pulka, used in "Mission Icefox."
As a highlight, the two extreme athletes, Eric Folz, an engineer at Ticona, and Mike Fuchs, a professional photographer, who successfully completed the three-week trip to the Norwegian island of Spitsbergen in April, will provide insights on their Arctic expedition and experiences with the "Polymers-on-Ice" Pulka, manufactured using Celstran® unidirectional continuous fiber reinforced thermoplastic composites (CFR-TP) and GUR® ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE).
- A stylish oven designed by award-winning designer Indio da Costa of Brazil; da Costa will be at the exhibit to discuss contemporary design with a focus on geometry, harmony and consistency thanks to new material innovations.
- Communication devices (mobile phones, tablets, laptops), cookware, sporting equipment, lamps with OLED modules and eye wear with anti-fog films.
- A closed water circulation system will demonstrate the benefits of engineered materials used in filtration, storage and distribution.
- Advanced material solutions for challenging on- and off-shore oil and gas recovery, biofuels, solar power and other emerging technologies.
- Diagnostic devices, drug delivery systems and packaging, medical devices and orthopedic implants and applications that employ engineering polymers, which comply with regulatory agency requirements and provide customers with traceability and product quality.
"To put these material solutions into perspective, the founding and executive director of the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) based in Potsdam will be at the exhibit to discuss 'Challenges and Solutions for our Megacities,' " Ciliberti said. "As an environmental politician and executive director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Professor Dr. Klaus Töpfer will offer his unique vision of a world in which the solutions of today are already history."
Materials Innovation on Display
Celanese will devote key segments of the exhibit to material innovations from its broad product offering:
- Ticona Engineering Polymers (Celebrating 50 years of Celcon®/Hostaform® acetal copolymer (POM) with new Hostaform product introductions) — Celanex® thermoplastic polyester (PBT), Celstran®/Factor®/Compel® long fiber reinforced thermoplastics (LFRT), Celstran CFR-TP, Fortron® polyphenylene sulfide (PPS), GUR UHMW-PE, Celcon/Hostaform POM, Impet® thermoplastic polyester (PET), Riteflex® thermoplastic polyester elastomer (TPC-ET), Thermx® polycyclohexylene-dimethylene terephthalate (PCT), Vandar® thermoplastic polyester alloys (PBT) and Vectra®/Zenite® liquid crystal polymers (LCP).
- Clarifoil® Thermoform Film — Cellulose di-acetate films used in a wide range of products that can provide an environmentally friendly, cost-effective alternative to conventional packaging.
- Emulsion Polymers — Mowilith® and Vinamul® emulsions.
- EVA Performance Polymers — Ateva® ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) and VitalDose®(EVA).
- Acetate Products — cellulose bioplastic materials.
Celanese Business Unit Contacts:
|Ticona Engineering Polymers:||
|Stephen Cushard, Global Marketing Communications Manager|
|Henning Küll, Public Relations Manager|
|Amber Zhao, Marketing Communications|
Editor's Note: Fortron is a registered trademark of Fortron Industries LLC.
Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of differentiated chemistry solutions and specialty materials used in most major industries and consumer applications. With sales almost equally divided between North America, Europe and Asia, the company uses the full breadth of its global chemistry, technology and business expertise to create value for customers and the corporation. Celanese partners with customers to solve their most critical needs while making a positive impact on its communities and the world. Based in Dallas, Texas, Celanese employs approximately 7,600 employees worldwide and had 2012 net sales of $6.4 billion. For more information about Celanese Corporation and its product offerings, visit www.celanese.com or our blog at www.celaneseblog.com .
This release may contain "forward-looking statements," which include information concerning the company's plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future revenues or performance, capital expenditures, financing needs and other information that is not historical information. When used in this release, the words "outlook," "forecast," "estimates," "expects," "anticipates," "projects," "plans," "intends," "believes," and variations of such words or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are based upon current expectations and beliefs and various assumptions. There can be no assurance that the company will realize these expectations or that these beliefs will prove correct. There are a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this release. Numerous factors, many of which are beyond the company's control, could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed as forward-looking statements. These factors include the inability to obtain regulatory approvals of the transaction and satisfy conditions on the proposed terms and schedule and the possibility that the transaction does not close. Other risk factors include those that are discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which it is made, and the company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which it is made or to reflect the occurrence of anticipated or unanticipated events or circumstances.
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America Germany Texas
The article 'Celanese - The chemistry inside innovation™' to be Showcased at K 2013 originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.