The Hottest Beauty Trend for Summer
- Never shy of a little color, Katy Perry matches her purple hair perfectly to her purple lips.
- Singer Leona Lewis lighten things up with this pop of light coral lips. We love the way she pairs her simple white blouse with this bold colored lip.
- We've seen Jessica Alba all over the red carpet with coral lips. The vibrant color goes perfectly with her gorgeous skin tone.
- Leighton Meester takes a walk on the wild side with this powerful shade of purple.
- Actress Sofia Vergara spices things up with a little color on her lips which perfectly matches her turquoise earrings.
If you're searching for the hottest new makeup trend this summer, look no further than your lips. StyleList caught up with former 'Dancing with the Stars' makeup artist and founder of Gleam makeup, Melanie Mills, for some tips for staying on-trend this summer.
Melanie Mills is one of the most sought-after makeup experts in the industry. With more than 15 years of experience, there's very little she doesn't know about makeup and beauty. She developed one of the leading face and body makeups called 'Gleam Body Radiance,' that literally contours and shapes your body (yes, it's a cream). Now, she's expanded her beauty line to include lip gloss and powder, part of the reason she's obsessed with lip color this summer.
"I am loving coral and purple lips, it's so easy to try on yourself," said Melanie. "There's nothing better than throwing on a little colored gloss and sipping on a cocktail to get you in the summer spirit."
For Melanie, summer is about having fun with color and the lips are a perfect place to start. "I love mixing and matching glosses. Who says you have to wear one color on your lips? Try a few."
The one product to avoid in the summer? Lip pencil. Melanie suggests leaving this product at home and opting instead for a simple gloss or lipstick. "Summer is all about quick application and you don't want to waste time drawing out your lips."
To learn more from Melanie, visit her website for tips, tricks, and her Gleam by Melanie Mills products. Click through the gallery to check out our five favorite celebs rocking this lip trend.