TASER Inks New Sales Contracts
In its latest update on stun-gun sales, TASER International reported Thursday that it's booked several new orders for its eponymous stun guns.
All are expected to ship, and show up, in Q2 earnings, when the company releases those next month. Specifically, TASER has sold:
- 500 TASER X26E conducted electrical weapons (CEWs) to the U.S. Army.
- 700 more X26Es to an unidentified "major U.S. law enforcement agency."
- 100 X26P stun guns to a "major U.S. law enforcement agency." It's unclear from the press release if that is the same one buying the X26Es.
- 170 X26Ps to the Oakland Police Department in California.
- 40 X26Ps plus 40 TASER CAM HD recorders to the Oregon Department of Corrections.
- 55 TASER X2 smart weapons to the Durham Police Department in North Carolina.
- 38 X2s to the Oregon State Police.
Additional sales of X2s, X26Ps, and TASER CAM HDs -- presumably orders of less than 20 units each as those ordinarily don't get broken out in press releases -- were booked to law enforcement customers in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Utah -- nearly half the states in the Union.
Financial details of the sales were not disclosed, but at advertised list prices (for those products for which prices are listed), the sum total of the above-listed orders appears to exceed $1.2 million.
The article TASER Inks New Sales Contracts originally appeared on Fool.com.Fool contributor Rich Smith has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.