The Trend Report: Suit Up For Summer
This summer, make like a celeb and eschew your routine maxi dress for a more daring evening option: a jumpsuit.
- Rebecca Taylor Spring/Summer 2013
- Donna Karan Spring/Summer 2013
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley models summer's hottest color combo, black and white, in a stripey Chanel number.
- Solange Knowles tries a playful print on for size.
- Amanda Seyfried is the picture of sophistication in a sleek and fitted Rouland Mouret jumpsuit.
- Karla's Closet sports a blousy, sheer version of the style.
- Haute Pink Pretty knows gold accessories are the only way to go when it comes to a bright shade of orange.
We've spotted everyone from Solange Knowles to Amanda Seyfried rocking these chic silhouettes on the red carpet recently, and we can't help but be inspired. Even though the jumpsuit proves a tad inconvenient during bathroom breaks, it more thank makes up for its shortcomings by providing the ultimate comfort factor: roomy pants!
Whether your jumpsuit is a bird-print, slouchy boho chic, sleek black, or playfully striped, you really can't go wrong with this unique, kinda retro-ish style. Plus, a one-piece look makes for a one-and-done deal when you're getting dressed. Throw on your jumpsuit and your good to go!
If you need a little jumpsuit inspo to help get you started, click through the gallery above. We've rounded up the celebs, bloggers, and runway looks - not to mention some pieces you can buy now - to get you suited up this summer.