Advances in Real-time Communications Expand Role for Media Processing; Radisys' MPX Operating Softwa
Advances in Real-time Communications Expand Role for Media Processing; Radisys' MPX Operating Software Provides Foundation for Monetizing Interactive Services
Radisys' MPX-OS extends media processing leadership for WebRTC, OTT services and cloud deployments
- MPX-OS is the foundation for all Radisys media processing products and configurations, including the MPX-12000 Broadband Media Resource Function (MRF) and Software MRF.
- MPX-OS foundation enables Software MRF to support AMR-WB audio codec, H.264 HD 720p video and H.248 interface for IMS Voice and Video over LTE (VoLTE), Rich Communications Services (RCS) and Multimedia Value-Added Services (VAS).
- MPX-OS introduces new capabilities to support an expanded range of interactive service architectures, including KVM virtualization for cloud deployments, VP8 video codec for WebRTC services, and Over The Top (OTT) HD video conferencing and transcoding requirements.
HILLSBORO, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Radisys® Corporation (NAS: RSYS) , a market leader enabling wireless infrastructure solutions, today announced MPX Operating Software (MPX-OS) as the new foundation of its media processing portfolio. MPX-OS extends Radisys' media processing expertise beyond IMS MRF requirements for Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Rich Communications Services (RCS) by adding new capabilities for cloud, WebRTC and OTT service providers.
Today there are more than six billion mobile users. The deployment of faster LTE networks is allowing both mobile operators and OTT providers to expand their service offerings beyond VoIP and video streaming services into real-time interactive HD audio and video communication services. In addition, the emergence of WebRTC and the cloud are expanding the necessity for real-time IP media processing and interworking across a variety of service delivery architectures.
"VoLTE and RCS have created a renewed operator interest in IMS," said Peter Jarich, vice president, Consumer and Infrastructure, Current Analysis. "Meanwhile, OTT communications services - think Skype, Apple's FaceTime, etc. - continue to influence consumer and business expectations around real-time interactivity, while many WebRTC use cases look to require real-time media processing in the network core as well. Delivering media processing assets that can speak to all three sets of needs should help all constituencies monetize real-time interactive communication services."
"MPX-OS is an exciting development from Radisys, providing the common media processing software foundation for current and future Radisys products," said Manish Singh, CTO, Radisys. "MPX-OS also broadens our media processing expertise into new markets, offering our application partner and service provider customers improved economics, flexibility and interoperability as they roll-out interactive communication services. And by engineering MPX-OS for virtualized deployments in the cloud, operators can deploy these services with maximized OPEX and CAPEX savings."
"MPX-OS represents a unique foundation for our customers that are breaking down the barriers between telecom and web communications for seamless voice and video service delivery, regardless of the network or communications device," said Amit Agarwal, vice president and general manager, Software and Solutions, Radisys. "MPX-OS based solutions are deployed today as the foundation for media processing in VoLTE, RCS and OTT services, including serving as a bridge across those network domains to enable much broader service reach and stickiness."
About Radisys' MPX-OS
MPX-OS provides the software foundation for Radisys' media processing product family, including the company's purpose-built MPX-12000 MRF platform and Software MRF. It delivers the real-time multimedia processing necessary for delivery of revenue-generating interactive services, leveraging standards-based interfaces for rapid deployment in IMS MRF, OTT or cloud service architectures. Key features include:
- KVM virtualization, enabling virtualized deployment on Intel multi-core services in the telecom cloud for both IMS and OTT services
- HD 720p H.264 video codec, delivering support for HD video, including HD video recording, playback and conference mixing for OTT communications and IMS MRF deployments
- Support for VP8 video codec, enabling termination of WebRTC endpoints for streaming, record and playback, or multimedia conferencing applications, or H.264 to VP8 media transcoding for WebRTC gateway applications
- AMR-WB audio codec for VoLTE, including transcoding support for interoperability between LTE and 3G mobile endpoints using different codecs
- Supports both SIP and H.248 interface on the same platform
- Virtualized media processing applications, including MPaaS (Media Processing as a Service)
For more information on Radisys' media processing solutions, visit www.radisys.com.
MPX-OS Showcased at WebRTC Conference and Expo
Radisys will feature its MPX-OS media processing technology at the WebRTC Conference and Expo in Atlanta, June 25-27 in Booth #9. To meet with Radisys' media processing experts at the show, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MPX-OS Showcased at LTE World Summit
Radisys will also introduce MPX-OS at the LTE World Summit, June 24-26 in Amsterdam. To meet with Radisys' experts at the show, contact email@example.com.
Radisys (NAS: RSYS) is a market leader enabling wireless infrastructure solutions for telecom, aerospace and defense applications. Radisys' market-leading ATCA, MRF (Media Resource Function) and COM Express platforms coupled with world-renowned Trillium software, services and market expertise enable customers to bring high-value products and services to market faster with lower investment and risk. Radisys solutions are used in a wide variety of 3G & 4G / LTE mobile network applications including: Radio Access Networks (RAN) solutions from femtocells to picocells and macrocells, wireless core network applications, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and policy management; conferencing and media services including voice, video and data, as well as customized mobile network applications that support the aerospace and defense markets.
Radisys ® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Director, Corporate Marketing
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America Netherlands Georgia Oregon
The article Advances in Real-time Communications Expand Role for Media Processing; Radisys' MPX Operating Software Provides Foundation for Monetizing Interactive Services originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.