Cyndi Lauper's Style Transformation
- Cyndi Lauper rocks a leopard print tank and big hair in New York City.
- Lauper gives the camera a sultry look in a black tank and checkered pants.
- In one of the most memorable -- and wackiest -- ensembles at the Grammy Awards, Cyndi proves she's a rocker without bounds.
- HELLO necklaces! Cyndi wears beads for days at the AMAs.
- A black skirt and jacket keeps all attention on Cyndi's corset top.
- That's quite the pose Cyndi is striking in this orange and blue ensemble.
- Lauper arrives at the MTV Video Music Awards in metallics and silver.
- Lauper channels the '60s mod style with her blonde bob and minidress.
- Looking quite demure, Cyndi wore brown striped overalls for the ribbon cutting ceremony for Sony Music Studios.
- Cyndi visited the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, wearing a feathered boa that matches her hair perfectly.
- Cyndi loves to pose with her hands in the air! The singer wore this black and gold jumpsuit to the Primetime Emmy Awards.
- Cyndi attended VH-1 Divas in 2002, wearing smakeskin boots and a flowy top.
- Lauper chose bold stripes for the opening of the first Stella McCartney store in NYC.
- Cyndi wore this bright coat to the GLAAD Media Awards.
- All black ensemble and looking sleek, Lauper attended a benefit for the Save the Music Foundation.
- Cyndi wore this black jacket and wig to a Halloween benefit gala.
- Lauper poses for the camera in a black leather skirt and boat-neck top.
- A little bit of sheer lace on the sleeves, Lauper wore this gothic-inspired black dress to the American Music Awards.
- Lauper attended the Tony Awards in in a deep-v black satin outfit.
- Attending Nicole Miller's show during fashion week, Lauper adds a bit of white to the mix.
- Cyndi attends the Grammy awards with high hair and patterned stockings.
- Cyndi was the M.A.C Viva Glam spokesperson along with Lady Gaga, wearing bright yellow patterned pants.
- Cyndi adds some color in a floral top with her typically black outfit for the finale of Celebrity Apprentice.
- Black leather and big hair is the perfect combination for a rocker!
- Lauper attended a Grammy nominee reception, debuting a bright hair style.
- We can't say we're big fans of this dress -- Lauper looks a little like a dragon, what with the scale-like appearance of the leather and the excess fabric (tail...?).
- Still dressed in all black, but adding some Hollywood glam with her hair and red lips, Cyndi attended the Human Right Campaign National Dinner.
- Cyndi added some black streaks to her hair at the Grammy Awards.
- For the Kiehl's New York Gay Pride Party, Cyndi wore her hair in a sleek bob with pink highlights -- and we're digging the look!
- Thank goodness for some color!Lauper visited 'Good Morning America' in a bright patterned dress.
- A little bit Scottish, a little bit Rock'nRoll...
- Lauper lets her fuchsia lips do the talking in this mild black ensemble.
- For the DIFFA Dining by Design Gala, Lauper chose a red dress and very large beaded necklace.
- Lauper wears a black leather skirt with a grey patterned jacket to the Jeffrey Fashion Cares 10th Anniversary celebration.
- This crisp white blazer adds a lot of dimension to Lauper's outfit, making the scarf really pop.
- She's a winner! Cyndi poses with her Tony Award in bright red, winning for Best Original Score for "Kinky Boots" on Broadway.
Cyndi Lauper turns 60 on June 22, 2013, but the rock legend clearly isn't slowing down any time soon. You know her because of her incredible hits like "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "True Colors," but she's stayed in our minds through the years because she is constantly present in the music scene and has become involved in societal issues like LGBT rights.
Never one to be shy about her feelings, her music, or her style, she used to really keep us guessing. Debuting new hair styles -- and colors! -- on a regular basis, she tended to take risks with fashion, too. Lately, she's worn a lot of black, black, and some more black, but she always keeps it interesting with a pop of leather, lace, or lots of layers.
One of our favorite rockers and a frequent music festival powerhouse, Lauper has left her mark on rock and roll forever. Most recently, she won the Tony Award for Best Original Score for the new hit Broadway Musical 'Kinky Boots,' and we can't wait to see what is still to come for her!
Click through the gallery above to see Cyndi's style transformation through the years -- and wish her a happy 60th, today!