Paula Abdul's Style Transformation
- Abdul attends the 21st Annual NAACP Image Awards in a voluminous black halter dress.
- We think Paula's outfit might scare the ghosts away at the premiere of "Ghostbusters II" ...
- Paula attended the Primetime Emmy Awards but looked like she should be hitting the skating rink!
- Paula looked a little bit like a gold disco ball for the 32nd Annual Grammy Awards, with all gold everything -- from her scrunchie to bracelets and shoes.
- Paula is all about the feathers for the MTV Video Movie Awards.
- Paula Abdul received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in a red and black suit.
- Paula walked the red carpet channeling the Renaissance faire.
- Paula attended the "Richie Rich" premiere in a funky blue hat and jacket.
- Paula goes for an all-brown ensemble for the premiere of "Evita."
- Paula attended the AMA's, showing off her toned abs in a two piece with a crop top.
- Paula wears some workout gear for the signing of copies of her workout video.
- Paula attended an event to celebrate Vanity Fair's December issue in a metallic jacket.
- Paula went animalistic for the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards.
- While attending the 2002 GQ Men of the Year Awards, Paula was dressed in mixed patterns.
- Paula chose this risque outfit for the 17th Annual Soul Train Music Awards.
- Is that you, Tinkerbell?
- Paula attends the Grammy Awards with some crazy highlights and a tight orange dress.
- Not one to shy away from color, Paula rocks a picnic-inspired dress with bright red shoes.
- Paula wore this sleek number to the FOX Upfronts.
- Whoa, that's a deep v! Paula wore this plunging neckline to the Emmy Awards.
- Paula attended the Grammy Awards in a metallic and lace dress that fit her like a glove.
- That fluffy bow is a bit comedic, fitting for attending TBS's "Comic Relief 2006"!
- Paula chose this one-sleeved, black mermaid style dress when she was honored by the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund.
- Paula was totally glam for the finale of Idol in 2008, wearing a bright red gown.
- Abdul shimmered in this metallic mini dress on the Fashion Rocks red carpet.
- You can always expect something adventurous from Paula, and then add the fact that it's the Grammy Awards, and voila!
- Paula coordinated this black and silver ensemble from her hat down to her shoes.
- Paula pulled in the pop of pink in the dress by wearing bright peep-toed heels.
- Paula wanted to show off her gams at the finale for American Idol, but we think this dress is far too young for her.
- Paula attended the Do Something! Awards in this strapless cocktail dress.
- For the first round of auditions for the X Factor, Paula chose a matching off-the-shoulder purple dress and strappy sandals.
- Looking poised and lovely, Paula attended the Primetime Emmy Awards.
- Paula wore this sky-high slit to a taping of Extra with her fellow X Factor judges.
- In a stunning high-fashion ensemble, Paula takes our breath away with this chic bombshell of an outfit.
- Back to her youthful roots, Paula wore a short leather schoolgirl shirt with a black top to a screening featuring dance choreographers.
- Embracing the Peter Pan collar trend, Paula mixes it up with a bright red and a little sparkle.
- Paula recycled her royal purple dress and sandals from the X Factor for the premiere of "Shaping Sound."
Paula Abdul is known throughout Hollywood for her talents as a choreographer, dancer, singer, and television personality. She started her career as a cheerleader for the LA Lakers. In the 1980s, she was one of the most sought-after choreographers, as it was the height of music videos and her talents were just what everyone wanted.
She had some pop hits in the late '80s and '90s that put her on the map musically, but really came back into the spotlight in the 2000s when she took a judging role on American Idol. She left after the eighth season, but then went on to judge The X-Factor with fellow Idol alum, Simon Cowell.
Paula has had an adventurous style through the years, always keeping us guessing! Every once in a while she shows her true fashion know-how, but it's clear she prefers the wild and wacky to the demure or simple.
Abdul turns 51 today, June 19th, and in her honor, we took a look back at her style through the years.