Embellished Sandals To Elevate Your Style
- This season, embellished sandals are all over the runways, but why shell out hundreds of dollars when you can create your own designer look at home?
Secure sandals. You can repurpose an old pair that has lost its luster, or purchase some new ones – the metallic ones here cost around $20 online.
There are endless options for embellishments. Flat-back gems are a great option, because they easily adhere to any surface. Pick your color(s,) and make sure to get small, medium and large sized gems.
- A hot glue gun will work, but for the best results, use heavy-duty glue, like E6000, which can be found at most hardware and craft stores.
- Lastly, you’ll need a few popsicle sticks, or just grab some wooden stirrers from your local coffee shop!
- Squeeze a small dab of glue onto the tip of a popsicle stick, then spread it evenly over the entire back of a gem. Be careful not to add too much glue - you don’t want it to ooze out the sides.
- Press the glued gem firmly in place and hold for several seconds so that the glue sets. Now have fun and get creative with your placement and patterns, mixing sizes and colors.
- Once you’ve covered the sandals with gems to your liking, allow the glue to dry for at least one hour before wearing them out on the town.
- Elevate your sandal style this summer with this fun and easy project!
Elevate your sandal style this summer with this fun and easy project! With a little embellishment, you can create your take on this season's runway trend just in time for the summer heat. It's all about making designer runway style fit your real budget and unique fashionable flair. Design this look at home and dazzle the streets with your DIY skills.
Click the gallery above for step-by-step instructions to make these embellished sandals.