Despicable Me: Minion Rush cheats and tips
Despicable Me: Minion Rush is out now on the App Store, and it's a game that adds some very welcome twists to the usual running gameplay. We gave Minion Rush a 4 out of 5 star score in our review earlier today, now here are all of our top hints and tips for getting a new high score.
- If you see a large patch of green runway coming up, get ready to take control of your minion using your device's tilt functionality. It's very easy to slip up here, so make very gentle movements - concentrate on surviving rather than grabbing every last banana.
- It's always worth bumping into fellow minions, rather than grabbing the handful of bananas nearby, as this will increase your scoring multiplier. All you have to do to take them out is be in the nearest lane to them - your minion will automatically take care of the rest.
- When fighting against Vector, you have to avoid the large units that he drops onto the lanes, but fire the shielded units back at him. All you have to do to take him down is tap on these explosive objects to send them hurtling towards his ship. Make sure you're out of harm's way before tapping though.
- Don't forget to upgrade your minion via the shop. Most upgrades can be bought using the bananas you've collected, and we recommend prioritizing the Minion Shield first, so you can survive a collision on the course. This is very handy when the pace quickens after the first few minutes.
- Pay attention to the goals that you're given throughout the game. They're not hard to complete, and reward you with a generous chunk of tokens to help you continue on in the game after taking a tumble. Reaching these goals will also open up new environments for you to explore.