Kate Middleton Names Cruise Ship in Printed Hobbs Coat
- The Royal Princess, Princess Cruises' newest ship leaves port days before a naming ceremony attended by the Duchess of Cambridge on June 13, 2013.
- Kate paired her patterned Hobbs coat with black court shoes and a small white clutch.
- Kate attended the naming ceremony of the Princess Cruises ship on June 13, 2013 and looked stunning in a black and white Hobbs coat.
- The wind was high, but Kate's fascinator stayed in place. She held her hair down, though!
- The Duchess seemed in great spirits for the quick event, listening carefully before naming the ship.
- The Duchess was glowing, wearing pretty drop pearl earrings.
- Kate sat with a small group of individuals, listening to the performances and speeches before her big moment.
- As Kate walked down to take a tour of the ship, the royal bump was on display.
- Kate exited looking very happy, surely proud of the ship that will bear her name.
- The ever-stunning Duchess showed off her sparkling ring.
- After naming the ship, Kate cut the ribbon to release a bottle of champagne to smash against the ship. Here's hoping it breaks!
- Phew! Kate watches the bottle smash, officially christening the new cruise liner.
- She then took a tour with Captain Tony Draper on board the Princess Cruises ship.
- While the crew looked on, Kate and the Captain took in the splendor of the ship.
Kate Middleton followed in Princess Diana's footsteps today, becoming the "Godmother" to the Royal Princess cruise ship just about a month before becoming a mother herself.
She was asked to attend the naming ceremony in Southampton, and accepted as her final solo engagement before taking her maternity leave, though we're hoping to see her this weekend at the Trooping the Colour. Kate wore a monochrome animal print Hobbs coat with a black fascinator, and despite high winds, her hat stayed perfectly in place. The Duchess carried a small white clutch and wore black court shoes to match her ensemble.
After multiple performances (including Natasha Bedingfield) and a few speeches, Kate took to the podium. Said Princess Cruises' CEO of the Duchess, "There is no more fitting godmother to name our ship than a person who is admired around the world for her style, grace and compassion for others."
When Kate stepped to the podium, she said "I name this ship, Royal Princess. May God bless her and all who sail in her." She then cut the ribbon holding the bottle of champagne, which smashed against the ship to a rousing cheer from the crowd and an explosion of confetti.
Cheers to the Royal Princess, and our true royal Princess -- for her impeccable grace just weeks before her due date! Click through the gallery to see the Duchess at her latest engagement.