Planar Brings Precision Multi-Touch to 4K Displays
Planar Brings Precision Multi-Touch to 4K Displays
Planar UltraRes Touch 84-inch 4K displays continues Planar's leadership in ultra HD resolution category with best-in-class, large format, multi-touch display capabilities
ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today at InfoComm 2013, Planar Systems, Inc. (NAS: PLNR) , a global leader in digital display technology, announced that it is adding multi-touch, multi-user capabilities to its breakthrough Planar® UltraRes™ Series 4K LCD display product line.
Planar UltraRes Touch. (Photo: Business Wire)
The addition of touch technology to the Planar UltraRes Series line of 4K displays expands Planar Systems' leadership in the ultra-high definition category by combining a multi-touch experience with stunning 4K image clarity. It offers a best-in-class solution for professionals who seek to collaborate or annotate using a large viewing area, the highest image resolution and enterprise-level features. It is also ideal for public display applications such as way-finding, product catalogs and any interactive digital signage designed to promote customer engagement.
Already, Planar Systems offers the most comprehensive line of professional touch displays in the industry ranging from 15-inch diagonal desktop, point of sale and kiosk displays all the way up to 300-inch diagonal multi-touch video wall displays. The Planar UltraRes Touch extends this offering further by providing a large-size multi-touch solution with unparalleled pixel density in Planar's ultra HD (3840x2160) resolution display line.
"Touch integration has been the number one customer request since we introduced the Planar UltraRes Series of 84-inch ultra HD displays," said Steve Seminario, senior director of product marketing for Planar Systems. "By utilizing Planar's exclusive ERO™ protective glass surface and proven multi-touch technology, we're happy to respond with a world-class implementation that is Planar-built and Planar-supported."
A Multi-Touch Experience with Four Times the Resolution
Planar UltraRes Touch offers the following benefits:
- A multi-touch, multi-user experience: Planar UltraRes Touch offers six simultaneous touch points, making it easy for multiple users to collaborate and interact at the same time. The display recognizes the full range of common touch gestures including tapping, scrolling, pinching and rotating. The large 84" size lends itself to multiple users.
- 4K accuracy: With a native 4K resolution of 3840x2160, Planar UltraRes Touch provides four times the resolution of a full HD display for amazing clarity. Touch brings viewers closer to the display and Planar UltraRes Touch delivers razor sharp clarity even at these close viewing distances.
- Landscape and portrait orientations: Planar UltraRes Touch supports both landscape and portrait orientations, providing the flexibility needed for a wide range of applications, all at a display size which mimics the human scale.
- High reliability: Planar builds touch displays at the factory and stands behind the product with Planar warranties. Planar UltraRes Touch comes standard with fail-over power supplies, a quiet, fanless design and a unique service access mode enabled by the Planar Profile™ Mounting System. The result is a highly dependable product with the level of support customers need.
- Advanced design and function: Planar UltraRes Touch providesa sleek design for both function and style. It has an attractive, logo-free metal bezel and a wide range of digital connectivity options. Using the Planar Profile mount, it installs less than 4 inches from the wall, making it compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Designed for a Wide Range of Touch Applications
The Planar UltraRes Touch is available in three versions designed to suit the range of leading touch applications:
- Planar UltraRes Touch LX offers six simultaneous touch points and 350-nit brightness, making it ideal for meeting rooms and control rooms for whiteboard, collaboration, video conferencing and presentation applications.
- Planar UltraRes Touch MX provides six simultaneous touch points, 500-nit brightness, and both landscape and portrait modes, the ideal version for public venue and higher ambient light environments for branding, advertising and interactive digital signage applications.
- Planar UltraRes Touch 3D includes six simultaneous touch points, 420-nit brightness, and flawless 2D and 3D viewing. It's the ideal model for customers who work with 3D and 2D visual information for big data analysis, simulation and a range of uses in the design industry.
Planar UltraRes Touch is available immediately through Planar's global network of authorized resellers. Please visit Booth #3143 at InfoComm 2013 to learn more about the Planar UltraRes Touch and see a demo. Additional information is available at www.planar.com/ultrares.
Planar Systems Inc. (NAS: PLNR) is a global leader in display and digital signage technology, providing premier solutions for the world's most demanding environments. Retailers, educational institutions, government agencies, businesses, utilities and energy firms, and home theater enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. Planar video walls, large format LCD displays, interactive touch screen monitors and many other solutions are used by the world's leading organizations in applications ranging from digital signage to simulation and from interactive kiosks to large-scale data visualization. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners and customers worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.planar.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Florida Oregon
The article Planar Brings Precision Multi-Touch to 4K Displays originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.