Fab or Flop: Cut Outs Gone Awry, Baby Bumps Dressed Perfectly and More
- Jessica Chastain looked sultry in this black Gucci dress with sheer webbing across her chest and shoulders. Add in the great curls and she looked perfect!
- We know that there's a sheer/cutout trend right now, but we'd much rather see it the way Jessica Chastain did it. This dress on Mollie King is far too much of a cutout, and a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.
- If Cara Delevingne can make a t-shirt and slacks look great, is there anything she can't wear?! We love her dressed-down, yet glammed-up (with bright red lips and heels) outfit for the Glamour Women of the Year Awards.
- AnnaSophia Robb looked gorgeous at the CMT Music Awards, wearing a short glittering Georges Chakra dress and Brian Atwood shoes.
- Jemima Kirke must have forgotten where she was going -- it was the CFDA awards, not the beach!
- Molly Sims glowed in this floral dress from Zara during a visit to Sephora in NYC. Cute and affordable? You go Molly!
- Julie Mackelowe was probably going for a princess vibe with this dress, but we couldn't get past the fact that it looks like the fabric weighs 400 pounds. Adding the satin sheen to the embellished shoulders is just a bit much.
- Naomi Watts looked effortlessly chic as she hailed a cab in New York City this week, wearing skinny jeans and a classic leather jacket.
- Adriana Lima's Givenchy at the CFDA awards just didn't do her justice -- and we couldn't help thinking it looked like she'd dragged her hem in the mud by accident...
- Olivia Palermo almost always looks amazing, and it's clear that the '20s-inspired trend isn't going away any time soon. We loved her flapper-esque skirt for the CFDA Awards.
- Singer Ali Dee attended the CMT Music Awards in her little sister's tutu.
- The ever-flawless Kate Middleton radiated beauty in this Jenny Packham dress at the Queen's Coronation service to celebrate 60 years.
- Did Larry the Cable Guy forget that a red carpet (or... purple carpet) usually calls for something a tad bit nicer than this outfit? At least ditch the trucker hat.
- We're in love with this colorful McQ by Alexander McQueen Fergie chose to dress her baby bump in. The bright bag and heels add more fun while the white blazer ties it all together.
While we're always excited to see trends coming from the runway to the red carpet, there are times when they're just plain wrong. We've rounded up looks of the week where some stars hit it out of the park but others weren't so lucky (A for effort...?).
From knowing when to dress up to dressing down in style, the stars were out and about on the town at big events like the CFDA and CMT Awards. Jessica Chastain pulled off the sheer, cut-out look impeccably, while Saturdays singer Mollie King took it a bit too far. Fergie and Duchess Catherine continued to ace pregnancy style, while others seemed to forget what event they were attending.
Click through the gallery to see this week's fab looks, and the inevitable flops!