Boost Mobile Pairs the Speed of 4G LTE and Shrinking Payments with Award-Winning Samsung Galaxy S II
Boost Mobile Pairs the Speed of 4G LTE and Shrinking Payments with Award-Winning Samsung Galaxy S III; Available June 12
IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Boost Mobile, a leader in the no-contract wireless industry and ranked "Highest in Purchase Experience among Non-Contract Wireless Providers" by J.D. Power and Associates1, and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the June 12 availability of the Samsung Galaxy S® III. Boost Mobile vice president Andre Smith hosted a special chat on Facebook® today to talk about the device. Priced at $399.99 (excluding taxes), the premium Android™ smartphone will operate on the Sprint 3G and 4G LTE networks, with 4G LTE available to Boost Mobile customers in 88 markets and counting.
"Samsung Galaxy S III is an award-winning device that customers can now combine with an award-winning no-contract carrier," said Andre Smith. "Combined with Boost Mobile's shrinking payments, where customers save the longer they stay, and the super-fast 4G LTE network from Sprint, Galaxy SIII combines sharing, simplicity and power together in a way never before seen by no-contract customers."
This popular phone has some amazing and fun features:
Sharing: Allows you to share content with your own devices, friends, and groups in intuitive ways.
- S Beam™ lets you quickly share large video files, photos, documents and more just by tapping the back of two S Beam-enabled devices together.
- Share Shot shares your photos in real-time with a group of friends at an event. No Wi-Fi® access point required and photos are saved directly into a folder in the smartphone's gallery.
- AllShare ® Play allows access to your content anytime from virtually anywhere. This feature can be used to instantly share files between your Galaxy S III and your tablet, PC and televisions regardless of the distance between the devices.
Simplicity: Removes the complexity from your experience - whether that's interacting with their device, sharing a video with a friend, or broadcasting a presentation to a group.
- Improved gestures user interface for ease of use. The new gestures include quick camera access, missed event alert, tap to top of list, screen shot, quick pause, quick rotate, turn over to mute, shake to refresh, and raise phone to ear to make a call from messaging.
- Smart sleep feature disables screen timeout if the device detects that your eyes are looking at the screen so your screen does not go dark.
- Samsung TecTiles™ enable you to set an alarm, call or text a contact, or update your Facebook status and more with just one tap of your phone.
- Video Picture in Picture Multi-tasking lets you play a video anywhere on your screen while running other tasks, eliminating the need to close and restart videos when checking new emails or surfing the Web.
Power: Empowering you to do more, more easily, on a device that's elegant, refined, beautiful and fast. A true showpiece of technology that performs as well as it looks.
- 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED™ Display is the largest in the Boost Mobile lineup today and offers a vivid viewing experience.
- 4G LTE speeds so you can browse, watch movies, video chat and share quickly and easily in areas where coverage is available.
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor soyou can quickly switch between apps and enjoy high-definition gaming and a lightning fast Web browser.
- Dual cameras include an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with 1080p video capture and 720p playback and a 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera. The 8-megapixel camera features a zero shutter-lag speed that lets you capture moving objects easily without delay - the image you see is the picture you take.
- Android 4.1.2, Jelly Bean, offers the latest version of the Android platform and builds on the things people love most.
Samsung Galaxy S III can be paired with Boost Mobile's no-annual contract2$55 Android Monthly Unlimited plan with Shrinking Payments. For every six on-time payments, the cost of Boost Mobile's Monthly Unlimited plan shrinks by $5, eventually getting down to as low as $40 a month for unlimited nationwide talk, text and picture messaging, Web3, email and calls to 411. Payments do not need to be consecutive to qualify for the next savings milestone.
Samsung Galaxy S III will be available starting June 12 at Boost Mobile's exclusive retail stores, select independent wireless dealer locations nationwide and at www.boostmobile.comwith free shipping. The Android smartphone will be available later in June in select national retail locations.
Please visit Boost Mobile LTE Marketsfor more information.
Samsung, Galaxy S, S Beam, Super AMOLED, S Beam, TecTiles and AllShare are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks.
About Boost Mobile
Boost Mobile offers wireless phones and services with no long-term contracts. Boost Mobile redefines value for wireless consumers with its Monthly Unlimited with Shrinking Payments no-contract service, where the longer you stay the less you pay with on-time payments for unlimited voice, text messaging, Web, email and calls to 411. Boost Mobile offers nationwide service on the Nationwide Sprint Network, reaching more than 279 million people, with no activation or long-distance fees. Boost Mobile offers a selection of quality handsets from BlackBerry, HTC, Kyocera, LG, Motorola and Samsung, ranging from entry-level to Android™ smartphone devices available nationwide at nearly 20,000 major retail stores, including Best Buy, Kmart-Sears, RadioShack, Target, Family Dollar, Walgreens and Walmart, independent wireless dealer locations, and on HSN, a leading TV home shopping network. Re-Boost® Cards are available at approximately 100,000 locations throughout the United States. Experience Boost Mobile on the Web at Facebook and Twitter; and purchase products at www.boostmobile.com.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, (Samsung Mobile) a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets, wireless infrastructure and other telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 236,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
1 Boost Mobile received the highest numerical score among non-contract wireless providers in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2013 Non-Contract Wireless Purchase Experience StudySM - Vol. 1. Study based on responses from 3,533 consumers measuring 7 non-contract wireless providers and measures opinions of consumers who purchased a wireless product or service within last 6 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed July-December 2012. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
2 Service on Boost Mobile is subject to acceptance of certain terms and conditions.
3 Includes 2.5GB per month of high-speed data. Adaptive protocol video limited to 3G speeds. When mobile hotspot add-on purchased (only for select devices), data usage is total combined device and hotspot data use.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Boost Mobile Pairs the Speed of 4G LTE and Shrinking Payments with Award-Winning Samsung Galaxy S III; Available June 12 originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.