Angelina Jolie's Style Transformation
- Angelina sits with her father, actor Jon Voight at a party for KISS, wearing some pretty sweet kicks with her dress.
- Angelina is glam to the extreme for the Academy Awards! She wore a big-shouldered lace dress with lots of pearls.
- Angelina wore a lavender suit far beyond her 16 years to an event with her father.
- All grown up at the 55th Annual Golden Globe Awards, Jolie wore a shimmery white gown.
- Angie wore this stunning Randolph Duke gown to the 56th Annual Golden Globe Awards, sparkling from head to toe.
- Angelina's hair is extremely long and matches her black gown for the 72nd Annual Academy Awards, certainly a striking look.
- Standing with then-husband Billy Bob Thornton, the duo matched for the Golden Globes.
- A tanned beauty, Jolie attended the BAFTA Awards in a silk olive dress with a high neckline.
- For the "Beyond Borders" world premiere, Angie wore a simple yet stunning green gown and matching strappy sandals.
- Channeling a Grecian goddess, Jolie wore this white satin Marc Bouwer gown to the Academy Awards.
- Angelina attended the "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" premiere in this simple embellished dress, and we love how she added a pop of red with her shoes.
- For the "Alexander" London premiere, Angelina chose a simple black coatdress, and looked stunning.
- Angelina at the New York premiere of "The Good Shepherd," wearing a conservative black embellished gown.
Angie and Brad at the Golden Globe Awards, where Brad was nominated for the award for Actor in a Supporting Role.
- Angie wore this stunning yellow Ungaro gown to the 2007 Cannes Film Festival.
- Angie looked great in this ombre gown, a vintage Hermes, at the Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- Sporting the best accessory of all -- a beautiful baby bump -- Angelina attended the premiere of 'Kung Fu Panda' at Cannes in 2008. She was wearing Max Azria Atelier.
- Jolie wore this liquid-silver Versace gown to the 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards.
- With a pop of bright yellow, Angie stood out at the BAFTA Awards in this lovely Giorgio Armani dress.
- Angelina and Brad attend the 'Inglourious Basterds' premiere during Cannes, Angie wearing a draped Versace gown.
- Jolie rocks a super high slit with this black Versace gown for the Japan premiere of 'Salt' in Tokyo.
- Angie wore this Versace, a sultry take on the wrap dress, to the world premiere of 'The Tourist'.
- Angelina put a spin on the 'little black dress' with sleeves that become gloves. She matched her Versace dress with simple black heels.
- Excuse us while we sit here positively green with envy over this gown -- Angelina was a showstopper in this emerald Versace, and certainly the talk of the town.
- Clearly a fan of showing of her fabulous gams, Angie chose a strapless Versace with a high slit for the premiere of "The Tree Of Life".
- Angelina at the Los Angeles Premiere of "Kung Fu Panda 2," dressed in a simple black belted ensemble.
- Choosing one of Kate Middleton's favorite designers, Jenny Packham, Angie went with a stunning red one-shouldered gown for the premiere of "The Tree Of Life".
- Angie and Brad attended the premiere of 'Moneyball," Jolie in a black Vivienne Westwood gown and gold clutch.
- Angelina chose this Ralph Lauren gown for the premiere of "In the Land of Blood and Honey."
- Angie was stunning in this navy Romona Keveza gown that fit her like a glove.
- Angelina attended the Palm Springs Film Festival Awards Gala in a blush Elie Saab gown.
- Between the red clutch, collar and lipstick, Angie is sheer perfection. She's nailed the art of a pop of color in this gorgeous Versace gown.
- Angie's black lace Michael Kors gown for the Producers Guild Awards was on-point.
- Jolie chose this embellished Jenny Packham gown for an appearance at the Berlin International Film Festival.
- For the Paris premiere of 'In the Land of Blood and Honey,' Angie chose to make a statement with this white Ralph and Russo gown, with a large rose on her left shoulder.
- The famous right leg: Angie's black Versace gown with a high slit set the internet buzzing as she proudly displayed her right gam for the world to see.
- Much more covered up in this Saint Laurent dress, Jolie attended the Women in the World Summit in New York.
Angelina Jolie has been in the spotlight since she was a very young girl. The stunning actress turns 38 on June 4th, and 37 was a huge year for her.
Parts of her childhood were troubled, later admitting to self-harm and trying "just about every drug" by the time she was 20. Her acting career started when she appeared alongside her actor father John Voight in Lookin' to Get Out (1982), but really took off about a decade later. Though her first leading role in a major film was Hackers in 1995, she received critical acclaim in her next few films and then an Academy Award for her performance in Girl, Interrupted.
Angie portrayed a video game character in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, gaining even more recognition and becoming on of Hollywood's highest paid actresses with the sequel. She has since had leading roles in the action films Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Wanted and Salt. Other than action films, she chooses to pursue dramas such as Changeling, for which she received another Academy Award nomination in 2008.
Angelina's personal life began a bit rocky - with two marriages and divorces between 1996-2003, but has settled into an incredible family with fellow actor Brad Pitt. Though their relationship started in a media frenzy, the duo have three biological and three adopted children. Jolie became a UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador in 2001 after filming Tomb Raider, and adopted her first son Maddox in 2002. Her involvement with the UNHRC and motherhood transformed her image in the media from a "wild child" to a dedicated mother and humanitarian.
Jolie has always had a unique style with a hard edge, at one time saying "I am still at heart-and always will be-just a punk kid with tattoos." She displays these tattoos with pride -- fourteen in all -- and though she sticks to mostly neutral colors (black is her favorite, of course!) and may have a favorite designer (Versace), she is consistently stunning on the red carpet.
Click through to see her style transformation through the years -- from wearing sneakers with a dress as a young girl to taking our breath away in a stunning designer gowns.