New Avid S3L Delivers the Hallmarks of Avid Live Systems in a Compact, All-New Networked Architectur
New Avid S3L Delivers the Hallmarks of Avid Live Systems in a Compact, All-New Networked Architecture
HDX-powered DSP engine, modular design, AVB Ethernet and EUCON open network standards redefine professional live sound mixing and recording
BURLINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Avid®
For artists and musicians, S3L delivers the audio clarity and familiar studio processing they need to sound and perform at their best. For engineers, having a high-performance engine at the core empowers them to create richly layered mixes quickly and champion their clients' signature sounds, without worrying about technical limitations. The streamlined networked design simplifies system set-up and configuration with drag-and-drop functionality, while direct Pro Tools recording and mixing capabilities open opportunities for live album releases.
"Avid S3L delivers all of the renowned qualities that Avid live sound users have come to rely on in an all-new networked architecture," said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Services at Avid. "This innovative system provides our customers with unmatched openness, flexibility, and efficiency to deliver their best sounding mixes anywhere, now and in the future, with uncompromising reliability and performance."
The compact S3L system is easy to take on tour or install in any club, theater, house of worship, or other performance venue to efficiently and easily respond to a broad range of demands.
Key S3L features include:
Advanced, ultra-flexible system architecture
- HDX-powered floating-point mix engine for uncompromising performance
- Fault-tolerant Gigabit Ethernet network connects all devices using open AVB Ethernet and EUCON standards
- Total modularity—system can be configured with up to four Stage 16 remote boxes (up to 64 mic inputs)
- Ultra-compact design fits anywhere and transports with ease—perfect for fly gigs and bus tours
- Pro Tools and other DAW control using the S3 control surface as a EUCON controller (feature coming soon)
Proven VENUE software
- On-board Pro Tools AAX plug-ins from Avid and third-party developers to re-create the sound of the studio in a live setting
- 64 channels of direct recording/playback to Pro Tools (or other DAW) through a laptop Ethernet port
- Direct stereo recording/playback with any standard USB flash drive
- Total VENUE show file compatibility with all Avid live systems
The S3L System will be available in a variety of configurations for different I/O needs, from 16 to 64 inputs. All systems will include:
- S3 control surface
- E3 engine
- One or more Stage 16 remote I/O boxes
- VENUE software
- Pro Tools software
- Plug-in bundle
- Cables, accessories, and guides
Availability & Pricing
Avid S3L will be available at Avid resellers worldwide in Q3. Avid S3L starts at $17,995 GRP.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world - from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, to live concert tours and news broadcasts. Some of Avid's most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Interplay®, ISIS®, VENUE, Sibelius®, and System 5. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+; or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2013 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Interplay, ISIS, Mbox, Media Composer, Pro Tools and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Sara Griggs, 310-821-0801
KEYWORDS: United States North America Massachusetts
The article New Avid S3L Delivers the Hallmarks of Avid Live Systems in a Compact, All-New Networked Architecture originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.