Beach Beauty Patrol: Best Practices for Safely Putting Your Best Face Forward
Calling all sun-seekers! Gorgeous skin is always on-trend, no matter the season. And while a fun day of sun and sand will linger in your memory; it should never leave its mark on your skin! Two members of the renowned Simple® Advisory Board – comprised of noted lifestyle and wellness experts who offer advice for a holistic approach to skincare – are sharing their tips for achieving beautiful, healthy-looking skin at the beach, without needing to shun the sun.
Gita Bass is no stranger to the stars. She has created looks for many celebrities on and off camera. Her celebrated clientele includes Ashley Greene, Selena Gomez, Katie Holmes, Elizabeth Olsen and Debra Messing. Gita's work has been feted on the red carpet, and she is the talent behind numerous editorial photo shoots and advertising campaigns. Her extensive experience and fresh, natural talent is what makes her so successful. Gita's top make up tip: "Take really good care of your skin. If your skin is healthy looking, your make-up is halfway done."
Her top skincare tips for summer?
- Keep shine under control by using a light, oil-free moisturizer with an SPF 15 or higher. Don't think that all moisturizers with SPF will cause breakouts: make sure to choose a formula that's free of harsh irritants or perfumes, like new Simple® Protecting Light Moisturizer with SPF 15.
- The ultimate beach accessory for a face that's protected with SPF is a wide brimmed hat! Not only are large, floppy hats on trend, they provide extra protection from the sun's rays. If you must wear makeup, stick to melt proof formulas such as waterproof mascara, gel blush or bronzers and lip stains that will help put your best face forward for the sunny days ahead.
- For a healthy beach ready body without the sun damage, try a self-tanner or spray tan before you hit the sand. This way you can lather on the sunscreen and still enjoy a gorgeous glow.
Her top skincare tips for summer?
- Make sure to bring extra water along in your beach cooler. Being in the sun for long periods of time can lead to dehydration, which makes staying well hydrated key to looking and feeling your best. When we become dehydrated, it can really show in our skin. Add in some sliced cucumber to enhance water's natural taste for a delicious – and skin-loving – beach cooler.
- Choosing the rights foods can help your skin glow, no matter what the season! I love mango because it's rich in beta carotene, which the body converts to vitamin A. It's considered skin-loving because its function is important for the renewal of skin cells. I love new Simple Radiance Cleansing Facial Wipes for a day at the beach: not only do they cleanse and remove impurities for healthy-looking, radiant skin, mango extract is a key ingredient.
- An easy homemade snack you can take along with you for a summer outing is homemade trail mix. It's skin loving, satisfying and easy to make. Incorporate unsalted nuts, like almonds and walnuts for healthy fats that can help limit water loss in skin, leaving it vibrant. And add dried fruit, like apricots, raisins and cherries, which contain flavonoids that may help protect your skin against premature fine lines.
These two experts believe in a holistic approach to achieving natural, healthy-looking skin. Simple®, a line of facial skincare products, shares this belief as well. Simple® knows what is left out is as important as what is put in when it comes to effective, yet gentle skin care. The Simple® products are designed to gently and effectively address skin needs, and are perfect for even sensitive skin.
For more information about Simple Skincare and tips from the Simple Advisory Board visit www.simpleskincare.com. While there, check out the Simple Sense diagnostic tool to receive customized information and advice regarding adopting a holistic approach to skin health.