Joan Collins' Style Transformation
- British actress Joan Collins leaning against a fireplace in checked pants.
- Collins feeding a parrot in a birdcage, wearing jeans and a plaid shirt with the collar turned up.
- Joan holding a cigarette while leaning against a fence in a bright top and shorts.
- Joan left London Airport on a holiday trip to Paris, wearing pretty white gloves to travel in style.
- Warren Beatty standing with Joan in front of a cinema in London, Joan wearing a tweed skirt suit. The couple were once engaged.
- Joan on a shopping trip in Rome, dressed for warm weather in a pretty empire-waisted dress.
- Joan was layered from head to toe for the Academy Awards After Party, wearing a fringed skirt and leather-trimmed vest.
- Joan sparkled in this dress that looked like liquid silver.
- Joan and Peter Holm attended the 1983 Young Musicians Annual Celebrity Mother Daughter Fashion Show Luncheon, Joan dressed in a sharp white jacket.
- Collins looked glamorous in this ruffled gown for the 1983 ABC TV Fall Season Party.
- When receiving her Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Joan looked gorgeous in a white peplum top and skirt with fur detailing.
- Va va voom! Joan attended the 56th Annual Academy Awards in this sequined halter dress.
- Joan celebrated her wedding with husband Peter Holm, wearing crisp white fur.
- Joan attended Spago in Hollywood wearing this cobalt blue leather dress.
- Joan attended a private showing of "The Dynasty Collection," to showcase some of the costumes designed by Nolan Miller, that appear on the series. She was true to '80s style in this big-shouldered metallic gown.
- Joan showed off a tiny waist with this belted dress, doing sheer in the right way: with class.
- We love the pops of red on Joan's nails, lips and ribbon to accent this all-black ensemble.
- More sheer for Joan, she wore this dress to the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
- Joan attended The Michael Awards For The Fashion Industry in this bright red gown, with impeccable silver and diamond accents.
Joan's hair was much lighter for the Vogue premiere party for "Moulin Rouge," and she kept her outfit in the same color scheme as her new locks.
- Joan looked stunning at the 2002 Vanity Fair Oscar Party, in all cream with a magenta lip.
- Collins attended Fashion Week's Oscar de la Renta Fall 2003 show in a long white coat and neutral accessories.
- Joan wore sheer with lace accents to the Carousel of Hope Benefit Gala.
- Joan attended the 3rd Annual TV Land Awards, choosing turquoise as a vibrant accent to a black gown.
- Joan wore this off-the-shoulder dress to a cocktail party held in her honor.
- Joan attended the 2007 G&P Foundation's Angel Ball in a silk black dress and white fur stole.
- Joan wore this white dress with bell sleeves to an event in St. Tropez, France.
- Joan attended the 2008 Carousel Of Hope Ball in this over-the-top gown, with embellishments from head to toe!
- Collins attended the 100th birthday party for Selfridges department store in London, wearing gold to celebrate the event.
- Joan knows how to coordinate an outfit perfectly, with all pieces fitting together perfectly.
- Joan was all glam backstage at the Heart Truth Fall 2010 fashion show, wearing a vibrant Stéphane Rolland gown.
- Joan attended the 2010 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in a simple black dress, but ramped up the wow factor with a big-shouldered white jacket.
- Joan attended the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscars party, wearing a cream dress with lilac sequin embellishments.
- Joan at the presentation of the 38th Annual Chaplin Award, wearing a navy and black satin gown.
- Joan attended Crown Oaks Day in Melbourne, Australia in this royal purple jacket with big shoulders, similar to that worn the year before to the Vanity Fair party.
- Joan's dress for the 52nd Monte Carlo TV Festival was subtle but absolutely stunning.
- Back to her love of volume, Joan attended the Silver Hill Hospital Gala, wearing a large black fur stole.
- Joan showed a little leg at this year's VF Oscars Party, wearing a shimmering deep chocolate dress with fur cuffs.
Happy birthday Joan! The British actress, author and columnist turns 80 today, May 23, 2013.
Best known for her role in the 1980s soap opera "Dynasty," she started her film career at the age of 22. In the 1950s, she was seen in The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing and Rally 'Round the Flag, Boys!. She starred in two films based on her younger sister's bestselling novels in the late 1970s.
After the soap opera ended, she decided to enter the world of writing along with her sister, publishing Prime Time in 1988. She has published many books in a variety of genres, and continues to perform in film and on the stage.
Joan Collins' career has spanned 6 decades, and her time in the spotlight has allowed her to wear some of the most eye-catching and adventurous clothing. Embracing the trends of each decade, there's plenty of big shoulders, voluminous hair and bold colors in Joan's style.
Click through to see her style transformation.