Citrix Introduces New Cloud Solutions to Power Mobile Workstyles
Citrix Introduces New Cloud Solutions to Power Mobile Workstyles
Company Re-Imagines Desktops, Apps and Data for a Mobile World
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix unveiled advancements toward its mobile workstyles vision, providing powerful new ways for people to work whenever, wherever and however they choose. Citrix enables mobile workstyles through a comprehensive portfolio of cloud solutions that accelerate building, deploying and managing cloud services and IT infrastructure. More than just computing and storage power, Citrix cloud solutions serve as the engine of mobile workstyles, delivering any type of app, to any type of device, over any type of network, while supporting new forms of social collaboration to connect people. At this week's Citrix Synergy Los Angeles, attendees will learn about how these new offerings and the entire Citrix cloud solutions portfolio can mobilize every aspect of work and bring the reality of mobile workstyles to any business.
Mobile workstyles are not just about devices, they are about people and the changing nature of work. This evolution has been amplified by the consumerization of IT and the rapid adoption of mobility and cloud. As work becomes more complex and unpredictable, people need simple solutions that let them get more done, more quickly. Today's news from Citrix highlights new ways for customers to mobilize their businesses by delivering desktops, apps and data as true on-demand cloud services from both private and public clouds, transforming how they operate, collaborate and innovate:
- Citrix XenDesktop® 7 Mobilizes Windows Virtual Apps and Desktops on Any Mobile Device - The latest version of the market-leading Citrix XenDesktop solution helps businesses mobilize Windows apps and desktops and deliver them as a service to any mobile device. Built on a new, cloud-style architecture, XenDesktop 7 is simple to deploy, manage and support with purpose-built and timesaving installation, configuration and automation tools that enable IT to deliver individual apps or complete desktops with ease. New breakthroughs with HDX Mobile™ technologies enable any Windows app to function intuitively and transparently on mobile devices, providing a seamless mobile-friendly experience.
- Citrix XenMobile™ Enterprise Redefines Enterprise Mobility - The introduction of the Citrix XenMobile Enterprise Edition solution combines mobile device, app and data management, a unified corporate app store, Worx Mobile™ productivity apps and "one-touch" live support into an inclusive solution for delivering mobile services to business. Worx Mobile apps include WorxMail for secure e-mail, calendar and contacts, WorxWeb for secure web browsing, and the ShareFile™ data sharing solution for secure document sharing, sync and editing. Additional Worx-enabled Citrix mobile apps include GoToMeeting® for easy online meetings, GoToMyPC® for secure remote access to a PC or Mac and Podio® for team collaboration on any mobile device. Through a new mobile app market built for XenMobile, more than 60 of the leading companies in mobility will deliver Worx-enabled apps that extend the policies and security control provided by XenMobile.
- Citrix ShareFile™ Mobilizes and Secures Enterprise Data Everywhere - Citrix is uniquely positioned to mobilize user data while providing IT with comprehensive control to secure enterprise data everywhere. ShareFile StorageZone Connectors introduce innovations to the Citrix ShareFile data sharing solution, including added support for Microsoft SharePoint and network drives, helping enterprises provide secure mobile access to data behind the corporate firewall. ShareFile also includes a new built-in mobile content editor, which now supports standard SharePoint functions like check-out, edit and check-in from mobile devices. New StorageZone options with Microsoft Windows Azure offer IT the added flexibility to store data in Microsoft hosted datacenters, in addition to Citrix-managed clouds or on-premise within their own datacenters. Through unique integration between ShareFile and XenMobile, IT can choose ShareFile as the common data platform and enable seamless interoperability to open, edit, sync and share data securely on any mobile device.
Steve Daheb, Chief Marketing Officer, Citrix
"Now more than ever, IT decision-making is being shaped by the forces of BYO, personal cloud services and a millennial generation with new ideas about where, when and how work is done. By providing powerful cloud solutions, we are helping our customers embrace mobile workstyles to succeed in a dynamic and mobile world."
- Read about organizations transforming work with mobile workstyles
- Announcement: Citrix Extends Enterprise Mobility Strategy with XenDesktop 7
- Announcement: Citrix Redefines Enterprise Mobility with XenMobile Enterprise
- Announcement: Citrix Unveils Worx Mobile Apps
- Announcement: Citrix ShareFile Mobilizes and Secures Enterprise Data Everywhere
- Citrix Synergy page
- Citrix Synergy LA newsroom
Citrix (NAS: CTXS) is the cloud company that enables mobile workstyles — empowering people to work and collaborate from anywhere, securely accessing apps and data on any of the latest devices, as easily as they would in their own office. Citrix solutions help IT and service providers build clouds, leveraging virtualization and networking technologies to deliver high-performance, elastic and cost-effective cloud services. With market-leading cloud solutions for mobility, desktop virtualization, networking, cloud platforms, collaboration and data sharing, Citrix helps organizations of all sizes achieve the speed and agility necessary to succeed in a mobile and dynamic world. Citrix products are in use at more than 260,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Annual revenue in 2012 was $2.59 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
Citrix®, Citrix Synergy™, XenDesktop®, XenMobile™, ShareFile™, GoToMeeting®, GoToMyPC®, Podio® and WorxMobile™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Florida
The article Citrix Introduces New Cloud Solutions to Power Mobile Workstyles originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.