The Trend Report: The New Boho
- Tory Burch's Spring/Summer 2013 collection is the epitome of "new boho." Vacation chic ensembles inspired by exotic locales were sent down the runway, complete with fringe, tassels, and woven accents. However, the designer stayed true to her classic, preppy roots, sticking with structured silhouettes like pencil skirts and cropped blazers.
A beachy look from Tory Burch's Spring/Summer 2013 collection.
- Altuzarra's Spring/Summer 2013 was almost gypsy inspired, showcasing dangling embellishments, gladiator sandals, and scarves tied every which way.
- Tory Burch sporting one of her own designs.
- This tribal print on a flowing maxi would have looked too sloppy for an evening event, but on a short and structured mini, it looks just right.
- Blogger Leandra Medine, better known as The Man Repeller, matches a pair of Southwestern-inspired denim with a preppy white button-down.
- Olivia Palermo saves her yellow frock from looking too prim and proper and gives her ensemble the perfect bohemian flair with an embellished belt and tasseled Jimmy Choo heels.
- The pom-pom trim on this floral skirt gives Lindsey's look the edge it needs, preventing her gingham bustier crop top from looking too picnic perfect.
- Instead of going for wild colors, try a tribal print jacket in crisp white, like Kendal of Metropolitan Thread.
An athletic-inspired pair of shorts keeps your outfit from looking too hippie-dippy.
Photo Credit: My Style Pill
An iPhone case in a sunny yellow tribal print is the perfect way to ease yourself into the trend.
This embellished clutch is a welcome addition to any summer ensemble.
Though Matthew Williamson's designs may cost a pretty penny, this gypsy-inspired skirt is certainly something to aspire to. We love the mirrored accents and vibrant fuchsia and orange hues.
An embellished blazer like this one is the perfect contrast to a preppy, striped button-down.
A textured pair of loafers imparts a beachy vibe while still remaining office appropriate.
Not all tunics have to stay in your beach bag. This one by J.Crew is smart enough to wear with shorts or pants all summer long.
We're not talking about hippie caftans and tunics, flower crowns, or the kind of wears you'd sport at Coachella. The new boho is all about making bohemian-inspired styles wearable for your everyday life, whether you're going to the office or anywhere else where a flowing maxi dress or fringed crop top may not be appropriate.
Designers like Tory Burch and Altuzarra had the right idea this spring, by pairing bold, eclectic prints with classic silhouettes and giving structured pieces touches of exotic flair with beaded and dangling embellishments. The results were outfits that conveyed outfits with bohemian sensibilities, but don't have to be restricted to just a vacation wardrobe.
Click through the gallery to get inspired and incorporate the new boho into your summer wardrobe!