Northern Trust Launches MarketScape Video Series
Northern Trust Launches MarketScape Video Series
Weekly videos showcase topical market commentary and implications for investors.
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- To meet the needs of investors seeking information through growing digital and social media channels, Northern Trust has launched a weekly video series as a complement to its lineup of investment and market commentary.
The MarketScape videos, posted on Monday each week, feature the views of Northern Trust's top investment experts and provide timely insights on the economy global financial markets and the investment landscape. The series features Chief Investment Officer Bob Browne, Chief Investment Strategist Jim McDonald, Wealth Management Chief Investment Officer Katie Nixon, and Wayne Bowers, Chief Investment Officer for the EMEA and APAC regions.
"Our MarketScape series is intended to provide clear and crisp perspectives from our investment experts on global market conditions and their investment implications," said Stephen N. Potter, President of Northern Trust's Asset Management business. "We also expect this new forum will stimulate conversation by engaging and educating clients on how Northern Trust can provide solutions to their complex needs."
The MarketScape videos are the latest addition to Northern Trust's insights and research offerings, which include:
Market and Economic Commentary
- Perspective - A monthly global analysis designed to keep investors abreast of the latest economic and market changes, including tactical shifts of Northern Trust's Investment Policy Committee. Published mid-month, along with the monthly Market Insights video.
- Weekly Economic Commentary - Chief Economist Carl Tannenbaum's insights on the current economic environment. Published every Friday.
- U.S. Economic Outlook - A monthly forecast of key economic indicators. Published mid-month.
- Wealth Management Research
Asset Management Research
- A mix of commentary and research, including Northern Trust's quarterly survey of investment managers, white papers on investment strategies and in-depth commentary on significant market trends.
- Defined Contribution Research - Ongoing research that provides DC plan sponsors with top-of-class answers to complex challenges, including the annual Path Forward series.
- Line of Sight - Research findings, analysis and insight on the effects and implications of our changing financial landscape that offers clarity to make informed decisions.
- Point of View - insights from Northern Trust's investment strategists, economists and product experts - along with those of noted academics - on matters impacting the institutional investment community. Published monthly online.
Asset Servicing Research
- Published articles, white papers and updates on regulatory change affecting global investors, including asset managers and institutions worldwide.
- Risk Universe - The industry's first ever peer group comparison universe for total portfolio risk, based on a large sample of U.S. institutional investment programs.
"In addition to our written commentary, the MarketScape videos give clients and other interested parties a new way to connect with Northern Trust," Browne said. "Presenting our strategic investment views in video format allows us to build a more immediate and personal connection with our audience around the globe."
Those interested in automatically receiving investment and economic commentary from Northern Trust may subscribe to our thought capital, sign up for RSS feeds or follow us on Twitter @NorthernTrust. MarketScape videos can be found on notherntrust.com/marketscape and Northern Trust's channel on YouTube.
About MarketScape Experts:
- Northern Trust Chief Investment Officer Bob Browne chairs the firm's Investment Policy Committee and is responsible for investment performance. He focuses on the strategic market outlook for investors.
- Chief Investment Strategist Jim McDonald leads the Tactical Asset Allocation Committee and speaks to asset allocation opportunities and global markets.
- Wealth Management Chief Investment Officer Katie Nixon leads investment management for Northern Trust's Wealth Management business. She focuses on high-net-worth investors, including Goals Driven Investing.
- Wayne Bowers leads investment management for Northern Trust's asset management business in the EMEA and APAC regions and comments on international markets.
Asset Management at Northern Trust begins with listening and leads to answers beyond the expected for our clients. The multi-asset class investment management business is comprised of Northern Trust Investments, Inc., Northern Trust Global Investments Limited, Northern Trust Global Investments Japan, K.K., the investment advisor division of The Northern Trust Company and The Northern Trust Company of Connecticut and its subsidiaries which offer investment products and services to personal and institutional markets.
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust Corporation (NAS: NTRS) is a leading provider of investment management, asset and fund administration, banking solutions and fiduciary services for corporations, institutions and affluent individuals worldwide. Northern Trust, a financial holding company based in Chicago, has offices in 18 U.S. states and 17 international locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. As of March 31, 2013, Northern Trust had assets under custody of US$5.0 trillion, and assets under investment management of US$810.2 billion. For more than 120 years, Northern Trust has earned distinction as an industry leader in combining exceptional service and expertise with innovative products and technology. For more information, visit www.northerntrust.com or follow us on Twitter @NorthernTrust.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Illinois
The article Northern Trust Launches MarketScape Video Series originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.