Get Glowing: 3 Steps to Radiant Skin
- The temperatures are rising (and so are the hemlines) which can only mean that summer is just moments away. While most of us will be anxious to book as many SoulCycle classes as humanly possible before bikini season officially arrives, there's also that other insanely desired summer quality: Gorgeous skin.
1. Exfoliating 2-3 times a week is essential for glowing, gorgeous skin. Sisley's Buff & Wash Facial Gel ($117) gently clarifies without stripping away moisture, so your skin stays hydrated and fresh.
2. After cleansing always comes toning, and Guerlain's moisture-rich Super Aqua Toner ($49) will leave you with visibly more luminous skin.
3. Sometimes, the key to great skin lies in the very beginning. Choosing a gentle—albeit effective—cleanser like RéVive's ($65) will purify and soothe the skin without stripping it of moisture.
1. Sisley's Flower Gel Mask ($136) is absolutely legendary. Leave it on for five minutes, and the iris-rose-lily formula will leave you with seriously glowing skin. It's a hangover cure essential.
2. Sure, Guerlain's Orchidée Imperial Cure is an investment ($1,500) but it promises 100% skin cell renewal in just 28 days. There's no other product on the market with a claim so bold.
3. Say goodbye to the dermatologist: For troubled skin that's in need of more than a quick fix, a twice-weekly helping of RéVive's Glycolic Renewal Peel ($295) is in order. It's redefined the at-home facial.
1. Called the "Beauty Booster", Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau BB ($51) protects skin with an SPF, color corrects, and adds a subtle, glowy tint.
2. Before makeup, one pump of Sisley's Radiant Immediate Lift ($240) will take your skin to the next level, diffusing lines and imperfections. Think of it as a primer... on beauty steroids.
The temperatures are rising (and so are the hemlines) which can only mean that summer is just moments away. While most of us will be anxious to book as many SoulCycle classes as humanly possible before bikini season officially arrives, there's also that other insanely desired summer quality: Gorgeous skin.
We're told by makeup artists all the time how we can "fake it" with bronzers, blushes, illuminators, and the like. But what about actually learning how to get radiant, dewy skin? Yes, ladies, your medicine cabinet-much like your shoe selection-is in need of a refresher for the new season. It's time we talk about exfoliating, sun protection, masks, and BB Creams.
We've taken the liberty of selecting some gorgeous products for you to consider, separated by category: Preparation, Treatment, and Finish. In preparation, you'll meet a scrub that won't leave you red (and actually locks in moisture for dehydrated summer skin), a gentle cleanser, and a toner that illuminates your visage. In treatment, you'll find three options to consider: one five-minute complexion enhancer for the girl-on-the-go, one at-home glycolic peel that will have you cheating on your dermatologist, and one super-indulgent product that promises insane results. And finally to finish, our new BB Cream obsession and a divine makeup primer.
Getting serious about your skin now means being able to enjoy a (sunless) glow before the holiday. And while your friends will inevitably compare bodies once you hit the beach, there will hardly be any room for comparison when it comes to complexion.
More from Lifestyle Mirror:
Here Comes the Sun: A Guide to Healthy SPF
Sex & Skin: Does More Bedroom Time Mean Better Skin?
Clockwork: When to Start an Anti-Aging Routine
Photo Credit: Courtesy Lifestyle Mirror