Congressional Class: Our Favorite Washington, DC Fashions
- Play with the patriotic palette by mixing this blue printed skirt with a chic knit top and white Paloma sandals. Make it a signature look with a bowler handbag that brings all the colors together!
- Keep it classic retro '50s style with a pair of cropped denim jeans. Channel your inner Audrey Hepburn with a pop of red accents and a structured button-up that's capital chic.
- Change begins with a new take on pattern pairing for a day out look. We love this printed shirt and plaid shorts combination!
- Get the majority vote with a maxi tank dress! A fresh pattern breathes new life into this closet staple for a look that's Chinatown meets Foggy Bottom.
- While you make power moves in a bold red dress, a sophisticated bag to keep up is in order! This Americana shopper has all the room for your gadgets and mixes the energy and sophistication of DC style.
- Chino shorts are essential to pull off preppy Georgetown style. A great knit top makes this outfit a handsome option from day on U Street to dinner in Foggy Bottom.
- Be the first lady of style on the National Mall with this new take on an oldie-but-goodie. An all-white crocheted maxi dress is super chic and ready to be dressed up with great gold jewelry and pops of color.
- Take a trip to the Smithsonian Museums in a zip jacket and plaid shorts. The balance of a clean-cut shirt and jacket with shorts gives an everyday look that's still sharp enough for a last minute business lunch.
Embrace the high energy of Chinatown blended with Georgetown prep that makes Washington, DC style so unique! Taking style cues from First Lady Michelle Obama, the District breathes new life into sophisticated classics fit for fun both on and off the Hill. March on the National Mall with a risk-taking outfit that breaks free of the traditional power suit and pencil skirt. Power to the peplum and plaid!
Be the next American classic with fresh takes on patriotic palettes. Express your inner DC-ist with a red dress that's bold enough to pass a bill. Headed to work but be ready for an afternoon out with a classic white button-up and a pair of flats with a pop of color. Washington, DC style means taking risks while still keeping it classy enough for a sudden meeting with the President. Run the country and a daytime date all in one day with an oldie-but-goodie stylish cuts and a splash of fresh fun patterns.
Click through the gallery above for capital style must-haves!