The Trend Report: Black and White
- Fashion houses like Balenciaga sent black and white down the runways during the spring and summer 2013 shows, immediately igniting a renewed interest in the classic color combination.
- Jessica Alba wore a black and white Louis Vuitton dress to the InStyle and Warner Bros. Golden Globe Party this year.
- Gwyneth Paltrow stepped out in New York City in a black top and white trousers combination.
- Shunning all black, Victoria Beckham opted for white heels and a white clutch to complete her ensemble.
- Kimberly of Eat.Sleep.Wear. paired distressed white denim with a graphic black and white top.
- Helena of Brooklyn Blonde's sporty romper looks extra chic in black and white.
- Karla of Karla's Closet dresses down a statement skirt with a simple cropped tee.
- Taylor of Shut Up, I Love That Shirt On You proves a graphic print button-up is never boring, even when paired with jeans and sneaks.
Slip on railroad stripe skinny jeans in an off-white and black combo and pair with brown leather sandals for an unexpected weekend look.
The contrasting black trim on this textured white shift keeps things interesting.
Raffia gets a cool update with a black and white tribal print.
Start your engines for summer with a pair of fun checkered shorts - just don't go too crazy with the prints on top!
Pair cropped trousers with this kicky shell top in a black and white print.
Though it seems like plain common sense to immediately break out your brights and pastels in celebration of spring's warm arrival, and while we're not urging you to eschew color altogether, we do think black and white looks especially chic in the springtime.
So far, we've seen black and white just about everywhere -- on the runways, on celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow and Jessica Alba, and on style bloggers. With this classic color combination, there's a variety of styles available, whether you chose to go '60s inspired mod (think Mad Men) with a bold, graphic print, or simple sophisticated with easy separates (think color-blocking!).
Now, it's your turn! Click through the gallery to get inspired and see our picks for the best black and white additions to your wardrobe this spring.