Kate Middleton Named Britain's Hair Icon in New Survey
- Kate wore her hair up in a pretty twisted and braided updo for an Olympic concert in May 2012.
- The look that has become Kate's signature style, her hair was down and perfectly curled during a visit to a community garden project in October 2012.
- Kate's curls were the perfect elegant accent to this lace Alexander McQueen gown in November 2012.
- Kate attended the opening of The National History Museum's Treasures gallery in November 2012, in a vibrant emerald dress.
- Even after an extremely windy day during her visit with Prince William to Cambridge, Kate's hair looked lovely.
- Even running around playing field hockey with children (in heels, no less!) can't keep Kate's covetable locks from looking perfect.
- Kate wore her hair half-up during the diamond jubilee, wearing a pretty fascinator to match her dress.
- Kate viewed her first official portrait in January 2013, wearing her hair down and simply curled under.
- One of the best things about Kate's hair is that it is thick and full of body. She chose a simple look to pair with this patterned MaxMara dress.
- Kate's hair looked lovely on a visit to Grimsby to tour the National Fishing Heritage Centre.
- The Duchess and Queen visited Baker Street Underground Station in March 2013, and Kate chose to wear simple curls with her pretty hat.
- On a tour of Scotland, the pregnant Duchess wore her hair stylishly down and simple.
- It may have been a windy afternoon visit to the Willows Primary School, but Kate's hair held up.
- Kate's hair was half-up for a visit to the National Portrait Gallery, with intricate twists and weaves keeping the look in place.
- The Duchess was able to tour the Harry Potter sets along with her husband and brother-in-law, wearing Topshop and her hair down -- perfect for casting spells!
- Kate wore a bright coat during her visit to Naomi House, and paired the look with pretty curls, a bit tighter than her typical waves.
Kate Middleton leads a life that many women wish they could call their own. She is a princess, after all!
Turns out there's one more thing that women across the UK (and the world!) are coveting -- her healthy, shiny hair. Kérastase recently conducted a survey of 2,000 women, and Kate topped the list as Britain's hair idol. Second on the list was Cheryl Cole, and third Holly Willoughby.
The survey also revealed that women feel their hair is its most beautiful at the age of 29, when women have more money to spend on taking care of their hair, and no longer want to experiment with the colors and cuts of their youth.
The one thing that most women said they want for their hair is volume. 70% said that they wish their hair was more voluminous, and 41% wished for fuller, thicker hair, quite like Kate's.
The survey found that women think hair in the 1980s was the worst, and many admit to trying the "Rachel" cut in the late '90s. Proud of their crowning glory, almost half of the respondents said that their hair is the most important part of their appearance, and 8% said they value their hair at over 1 million pounds (over $2 million US!).
Click through to see some of Kate Middleton's best hair moments. You'll see why she is the envy of Britain for more than just her Prince!
Photo Credit: Getty Images