Angelina Jolie's 10 Best Red Carpet Moments
Angelina Jolie is one of America's most beloved actresses, not just for her performances but because of her humanitarian work with the United Nations as well.
- Angelina Jolie wears a white satin Marc Bouwer dress to the 76th Annual Academy Awards, making a statement for one of her first major red carpet moments.
- Pregnant with twins Knox and Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, Angelina is glowing in green at Cannes.
- Angelina caused a stir on the red carpet at the SAG Awards when she wore this Max Azria gown backwards. We think it looks just as good, if not better!
- At Cannes, Angelina wears a nude Versace gown that shows off her tattoos.
- Angelina Jolie arrives at the 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards, wearing a long-sleeved Atelier Versace gown encrusted with Swarovski crystals.
- Angelina Jolie attends "The Tree Of Life" Premiere during the 64th Annual Cannes Film Festival, and proves that brown is gorgeous on brunettes.
- At the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards, Angelina uses a pop of red for a bold statement on a white dress.
- Showing some serious leg at the 84th Annual Academy Awards.
- Angelina knows a wrap dress is always flattering, sporting one here at the premiere of her film, "In The Land Of Blood And Honey".
- Angelina wore a draped and tasseled ensemble to the Women in the World Summit in New York.
Angelina recently came forward in a New York Times op-ed to reveal her decision to undergo a double mastectomy as a preventative measure for breast cancer. After losing her 56-year-old mother to the disease, Angelina decided she didn't want her children to face the same early loss. The actress underwent genetic testing to see whether she is a carrier of a gene that puts her at a higher risk for developing the disease, and discovered that she is. Angelina had an 87% chance of getting breast cancer and 50% chance ovarian. After getting the double mastectomy, her chances have dropped to 5%.
We applaud Angelina for taking charge of her personal health and for utilizing her platform to display the strength of possibility to other women facing such dangers.
Read more from Angelina in her op-ed here, and click through the gallery above to see some of the star's best red carpet moments.