The Trend Report: Sporty Chic
- The Michael Kors Fall/Winter 2013 collection showcased athletic-inspired styles in luxe fabrics. There was an emphasis on utility zippers, striped trim, and scuba necklines.
- Kerry Washington walked MTV Movie Awards red carpet wearing one of the designs from the most recent Michael Kors runway collection - a sleek black bodysuit underneath a traffic-stopping yellow skirt.
- Christina of My Style Pill pairs a varsity jacket with a tee and beanie for a too cool for school vibe.
- We love the retro, athletic-inspired racing stripes on this sporty romber, worn by Helena of Brooklyn Blonde.
- Doutzen Kroes sports a rugby striped crop top and skirt combo.
- Kimberly of Eat.Sleep.Wear gives the classic baseball cap an update with a chic fabric - leather!
- Karla of Karla's Closet proves that Nike doesn't necessarily make the best track shorts.
You don't have to be a member of the swim team to sport a slick suit like this one.
A striped baseball tee has never looked better, especially when paired with denim cutoffs.
Tote all your spring essentials around in this perforated carryall.
Perforated leather in the shape of tiny stars upgrades these shorts from day at the track to night on the town.
Peplum tops can sometimes border on the precious, but the white piping and scuba neckline keep this one looking sleek and sporty.
We love the neon yellow tassel on this perfect on-the-go bag!
A pencil skirt with racing striped piping may be the closest you'll get to wearing gym clothes at the office.
Sporty chic, luxe athletic, whatever you want to call it - is when a designer pairs two different looks, like a baseball cap design with a rich fabric like leather, and combines them to make a totally unexpected (but also awesome) item of clothing.
We've been coveting everything sporty chic, from slouchy silk track shorts to perforated leather totes, and especially anything with white piping. Click through the gallery to see our full trend report!