Hay Day cheats and tips
Read Full Story
If you thought Supercell's Clash of Clans
was addictive, just wait until you dip into the studio's very moreish Hay Day
. If you want to get your farm off to the very best start, and keep that currency rolling in, we've put together some very helpful hints and tips.
- It's easy to make a mistake when dragging and dropping new buildings, and ending up plonking them down somewhere you really don't want them to be. If you want to change things around a bit, just press down on the item you want to move, then move or rotate it by dragging elsewhere.
- Wondering why there's an exclamation mark sign on top of your trees? Get a friend to visit your farm and tap on it so that they stop wilting. You'll get your trees back, and they'll get a little extra XP to help them progress too.
- Diamonds and Coins are the two currencies in Hay Day, but the former is by far the most valuable, not to mention the rarest. You'll get more Diamonds every time you level up, and it might be worth synching the game up with Facebook for a few extra free Diamonds. At level 24 in Hay Day you can begin mining - another source of this precious currency.
- Another way to get more Diamonds in Hay Day is to keep an eye out for the purple tickets that sometimes appear near your newspaper. Once you've watched a clip, you'll be able to claim a handful of free Diamonds. Not too bad for a few moments' work!
- Try to stay on top of how crops and animals depend upon each other, so that you can optimize your farming strategy. You want to be able to keep animals fed, so that they can produce key goods, but you'll also need some of that feed to make more complex items for the market. It makes sense to expand your farm evenly between crops and animals so that the balance is always maintained, and you're never left short of something you need.