How Much Would You Spend? Over-the-Top Baby Clothes
- This floral ruffle dress by Roberto Cavalli is seriously adorable, but for that price tag? Yikes!
- These precious Gucci loafers would have a little man strutting in style, but considering how quickly he'd grow out of them, $265.00 is too much.
- We can't even handle how cute this Moncler puffy jacket is, but with the tiny window in which it'll actually be necessary (and fit), we hope you'd have many girls in the future to wear it too.
- This suit set by Please Mum London, complete with a hat for the little gentleman, rings up quite the tab.
- This Dolce & Gabbana dress is quite possibly the sweetest thing we've ever seen, but that price is not so sweet.
- They say dogs are a man's best friend (why not start them early?), but we're not sure every boy needs a cashmere version like this one from Burberry.
- Good news! This outfit is on sale. The gorgeous dress is made by Baby Dior, so we're just hoping your baby doesn't spit up on it...
- The photo is deceiving, but this price is just for that cute grey coat. Made by Dolce & Gabbana, the piece is quite stylish for a baby.
- These sweet mary janes might only fit your little girl for a short time, but Rachel Riley sure knows how to design the cutest. shoes. ever.
- Another all-cashmere sweater for boys. This blazer-type sweater from Baby CZ may be adorable, but is it worth the price when he'll likely wear it twice?
- Another simply precious piece by Dolce & Gabbana, but like... did you ever expect to be dry cleaning your infant's clothes?
- The baby that slumbers in this Gucci sleeper is certainly a wealthy one.
With the birth of a Prince or Princess on the way, we can't help but get excited about the fashions the little tyke will wear. With his mother making such a permanent mark on the style world, we can only imagine that the newest member of the royal family will as well.
While we're pondering what sweet choices Kate will make for her newborn, we came across some seriously interesting information. That is... that some people are willing to spend over $400 on something their child will literally wear once. Or perhaps spit up on. Or possibly have a leaky diaper in.
Putting aside all of the potential messes that could ensue, what would make someone want to spend such money on an item their child will grow out of in a few weeks or months? Sure, some of these pieces are to die for, but we have to ask, is it really worth it?
Click through the gallery above to see some of the most expensive baby clothes we've been able to find, and let us know: if you had the money, would you buy these items for your newborn?
Photo Credit: Neiman Marcus