Who Needs a Stylist? The Stars Who Go it Alone
- Blake didn't just choose a leather dress, she wore a studded red leather dress. She was stunning in this piece by Isabel Marant.
- Blake attended the premiere of Savages in this yellow Gucci halter dress, accessorized perfectly with aqua drop earrings, assorted bangles and an epic braid.
- This maroon sequined Gucci mini dress is simply divine on the Gossip Girl star.
- Diane looked impeccable for the "Inescapable" Premiere, wearing Valentino.
- The actress rocked a Jason Wu jumpsuit in November 2012, completing the look with perfect old-Hollywood hair.
- Diane looks perfectly French-chic for the Chanel Spring/Summer 2013 Haute-Couture show at Paris Fashion Week, wearing the designer, who is clearly one of her favorites.
- Emmy chose this bright Oscar de la Renta dress for the New York screening of "Oz," and from the length to the embellishments, it's a success in our book.
- Emmy looked stunning at the "20/20" album release party with Justin Timberlake while -- now this is why we love her -- wearing a dress from Topshop and clutch from Target.
- Emmy visited the Z100 Studio in NYC, wearing a Theia dress and Jimmy Choo shoes. We love the pop of fuchsia!
- We love a blonde in yellow! Jones wore this Versace gown to the Costume Institute Gala, and looked sunny-chic.
- January chose a Wes Gordon dress and Rupert Sanderson shoes to attend the Peace Over Violence Humanitarian Awards.
- January always makes bold hair choices, but we love her bold fashion choice as well for the Chanel Pre-Oscar dinner. This ensemble of the host designer's pieces from head to toe is a home run.
- Marion made a stunning choice with this floral Zuhair Murad dress at the 18th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards.
- The actress made a bold statement in this Christian Dior Haute Couture dress for the 2013 BAFTAs, a similar style to the navy dress worn by J.Law to the SAG Awards, but Marion embraced the sheer underlay.
- We were in love with this strapless Christian Dior that Marion wore to the Golden Globes, and love that she paired it with sleek, straight hair.
Some of the leading ladies in Hollywood have decided that they don't want anyone making fashion choices for them. So, stars such as Blake Lively, Marion Cotillard and Emmy Rossum have chosen to be their own stylists.
You've seen them walk the red carpet countless times, and many of the names on this (short) list are frequenters of the "Best Dressed" category. So naturally, it makes it all the more impressive to know they're doing this of their own accord. Blake Lively has been very vocal about not needing a stylist to dress her for big events, because as she told the Huffington Post, her style is "always changing." Blake is constantly switching it up on the red carpet, from the sassy to the sweet, and we love her adventurous spirit when it comes to style.
Marion Cotillard is another star who prefers to choose her own outfits, and she consistently hits it out of the park with elegant and sophisticated choices from designers such as Dior and Zuhair Murad. Diane Kruger has also been very vocal with her opinion on fashion choices, as she got her start as a model. The actress told Vogue UK: "I come from fashion, and who knows better what I like than myself?" We couldn't agree more, and considering Kruger makes stunning choices of the Chanel variety, it's clear she's got taste.
Emmy Rossum and January Jones choose their own looks as well, and while they're not always perfection, they're typically on point. We love Emmy because she mixes affordable pieces from Topshop into a wardrobe consisting of Oscar de la Renta and Jimmy Choo, and she's always taking chances. January has a passion for vintage apparel, and often works with Versace and Lanvin.
We'll leave you with parting words from Diane Kruger to Instyle on why she's glad she's sans-stylist: "What you wear is such an expression of who you are. That's like someone picking out who I'm going to date!"
Click through the gallery above to see these stylish ladies and their fashion choices they've made all on their own.
Photo Credit: Getty Images