Kate Hudson Style Transformation
When actress Kate Hudson arrives on any red carpet she knows how to get the fashion world's attention. It may be the fact that she's had some practice: the actress has been walking the red carpet with her A-list family since the ripe old age of nine.
A positively adorable Kate Hudson is rocking the skinny jean trend, seen here with her brother Oliver.
- Kate looks sweet in red and polka dots, here with her mother Goldie Hawn.
- Kate and her mother Goldie Hawn are spotted on the streets of NYC, both rocking jeans for a casual day of shopping.
Like mother, like daughter! Kate helps to celebrate when the American Museum of the Moving Image honored her mother.
- Kate wore a metallic mini to a Tommy Hilfiger party in Los Angeles.
- Kate laughs in a sheer black dress at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- Kate looks lovely in white while her brother sports a leather jacket for the premiere of "200 Cigarettes."
- True to Kate's bohemian style, she wore this lace top and skirt to the MTV Movie Awards.
- Kate chose to let bright red lips and plunging neckline do the talking with this gown for the American Comedy Awards.
- Kate attends the premiere of "Almost Famous" with a very fitting date: rocker Chris Robinson.
- We're obsessed with this sparkling metallic dress that Hudson wore to the London Film Festival.
- Well, we can't say we love this big flower accessory in Kate's hair, but she clearly wanted to dress up a simple nude gown for the 7th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- The neckline of this top would deter most people from wearing necklaces at all, but Kate decided pile them on!
- Kate channels the '20s for the "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" premiere.
- Kate hit a home run with this lovely lace gown for the Academy Awards.
- A show that always sees more causal attire, Kate wore this brown mini to the MTV Movie Awards.
- Kate was boho-casual for her visit to MTV's TRL.
- Kate's gold waves really pop in this chic blazer.
- Va-va-voom! Kate went sheer and backless for the premiere of "The Skeleton Key."
- There is far too much voluming going on here, from the flowing dress to the awkwardly formed fur jacket!
- Kate was glitz and glam at the "You, Me and Dupree" world premiere.
- If there's a time that calls for a show-stopping, statement-making dress, it's Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week.
- Kate wore this flirty dress to another visit to TRL.
- This dress is everything we love about leather -- and Kate pulls it off perfectly.
- "Bride Wars" was a hilarious and fun movie, and Kate wore this statement gown to its premiere.
- Wearing a serious diamond necklace, Kate kept everything else simple with this cutout black gown.
- Kate chose a very intricate white gown with matching heels for the premiere of "Nine."
- We love a statement-making low back, and Kate looked gorgeous in this white gown at the 16th SAG Awards.
- Glamour's Women of the Year always brings out some eye-catching fashion, and Kate was no exception here in 2010.
- Pregnant and glowing, Kate wore a lovely metallic dress to the Costume Institute Gala.
- If we could all look this positively gorgeous while pregnant, life would be amazing!
- Metallic seems to be one of Kate's favorite choices for dresses.
- Kate looked stunning and lean in this red gown for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party, here with fiancé Matthew Bellamy.
- Sheer in all the right places, this dress was gorgeous at the premiere of "The Reluctant Fundamentalist."
- Black and white done right, ladies and gentlemen!
- One of our favorite looks from the Golden Globes, Kate stole everyone's heart at this year's show.
- The lady knows how to choose a gown. Simple but gorgeous, Kate attended the Breast Cancer Foundation's Hot Pink Party.
Kate Garry Hudson was born on April 19, 1979 to Bill Hudson and actress Goldie Hawn. Her parents divorced eighteen months after Kate was born and Goldie started raising Kate and her brother, Oliver with long-time boyfriend actor Kurt Russell. Just like her mother, Kate was an effervescent young girl with a style all her own.
Hudson's breakthrough performance came in 2000 when she appeared in Cameron Crowe's "Almost Famous." From that moment on, she was a star. Kate's style has transformed from an easy-going girl in jeans and a white tee, to a sophisticated and edgy starlett. Kate is often seen walking down the red carpet in tight fitting backless gowns with her hair perfectly swept to one side. On a casual day, Kate's style is perfectly boho-chic. Her carefree attitude is reflected in her unique style.
Kate is now a mother of two and engaged to Matthew Bellamy, singer in the band Muse. The 34-year-old shows no signs of slowing down, and her style continues to transform.
Happy Birthday Kate!