Bookworm Adventures walkthrough and cheats
- Right-click to return all tiles to the letter grid.
- Left-click on a letter in a spelt word to remove tiles from that letter rightward.
- Press "1" on the keyboard to use a Health potion.
- Press "2" on the keyboard to use a Power-Up potion.
- Press "3" on the keyboard to use a Purify potion.
- Press "4" or the "Enter" key on the keyboard to attack.
- If stuck for a word, a useful technique is to separate out all the vowels so that you can quickly tell at a glance which vowels and consonants you have to work with.
- If you're trying to spell a long word, spell out as much of it as you can. Then, spell words from the remaining tiles in order to generate the letters you need for the word you're going for.
- If you're having trouble on a chapter, try changing your treasure selection to address the thing you're having problems with.
- When picking treasures, it's usually a good idea to have a mix of defensive, offensive and special powers.
- Try to save up your potions as much possible for the boss battles or other tough monsters.
- On the other hand, if you can overkill a monster with a really big word, adding a Power-up potion will increase the quality of the gem you're awarded.
- There are Secret Bonus Words that do additional damage; try spelling foes' names or the names of their attacks.
- Save time by hitting the "1", "2", or "3" keys on the keyboard for potions.
- Save time by hitting the "4" or "Enter" key on the keyboard to attack; clicking the "Enter" button below the grid takes too much time.
- When you're spelling a word, try to find a word in the remaining tiles so you're ready to spell it as soon as possible.
- You don't need to wait for Lex's attack animation to finish before spelling another word; get the jump on enemies by spelling your next word as Lex is carrying out his attack.
- Don't be afraid to use the Scramble button if you're stuck for a word. It only takes a few seconds so it's less of a penalty than in Adventure mode, and it absolutely beats staring at a letter grid with no ideas.
- Though you should try to experiment with treasures, defensive treasures that resist stun, poison and power down are particularly effective in Arena mode.
- Type code on main menu to play special animation. Type it again to turn it off: "winter" -- snow falling (holiday season)