Emma Thompson's Style Transformation
Emma Thompson has been a fixture in the movies for many years, and yet she's barely aged. The actress turns 54 on April 15th, and she looks incredible.
- Emma Thompson glittered in gold, pictured here with Anthony Hopkins at the opening of "Les Miserables" in LA.
- Thompson was shimmering in another metallic dress at the 50th Annual Golden Globe Awards.
- It's a sequined emerald gown for Emma Thompson at the 65th Annual Academy Awards
- This is so '90s, and we totally dig it. Plus, the silky fabric looks comfy!
- Emma Thompson at the premiere of "Junior," showing a little bit of skin!
- Well, we can't say it's our favorite look. But hey, this way she can go home and hop in bed after seeing the premiere of "Sense & Sensibility," no need to change!
- Emma looked simply stunning in this look, made complete by her glowing skin and shiny blonde locks.
- An edgier look is fitting when you come to New York City, but we wish this one had been toned down a bit -- it's never our fave to do bold makeup AND a bold dress!
- Emma Thompson attending the premiere of "Primary Colours," wearing one of those primary colors, herself.
- These ladies are looking glamorous (even if with a bit more fabric than we'd like to carry around) at the White Tie & Tiara Ball.
- Emma looked gorgeous in this trick-the-eye metallic and green gown.
- At the premiere of one our our favorite movies (of.all.time.) "Love Actually," Emma wore plum in velvet, fur and satin from head to toe!
Emma rocked red and pink together(and dare we say flames?) at the Evening Standard Awards.
- As you'll see over the next several photos, Emma is clearly a fan of large fur shawls!
- Emma looks boho-fun and youthful for the "Nanny McPhee" premiere in London.
- This fur just overtakes Emma's outfit, we can't even see the dress underneath!
- Emma attended the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in this monochromatic satin ensemble.
- Emma is stunning in silver at the BFI London Film Festival.
- There's that fur again! This time we can see Emma's dress a little better, and she looks great!
- Emma Thompson went all out in a '20s flapper dress and accessories that we LOVE during the Lavender Trust Party in London.
- We might not choose to wear sneaks to a Chanel runway show, but at least Emma is comfy! Can't say the same for the women walking around those shows in 5 inch heels.
- Thompson is loving this bright fun pattern of this dress, which she wore to the world premiere of "Last Chance Harvey."
- Emma adds a pop of color to this classic ensemble with a bright blue clutch.
- From her hair to the top and the long coat, this look is all about volume volume volume!
- We love this outfit on Thompson -- her hair is divine, the dress and coat are totally chic, and we're obsessed with those shoes!
- Emma attends the premiere of 'An Education' in a chic black and white ensemble.
- Emma looked cozy in Madrid, wearing a perfect outfit for an on-the-go gal.
- We're loving the pop of red in Emma's bag, necklace and on her lips at the premiere of "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang."
- This asymmetrical neckline adds a lot of interest to a classic black dress.
- Grace. That's what we have here, ladies and gents, a class act. Thompson looked stunning at the Harper's Bazaar Women of the Year Awards.
- Black and white is always a winning combo in our book, and when you put it together like this, we love!
One of our editors is a major Jane Austen buff, and as such loves Emma's performance in "Sense & Sensibility" from 1995. But the best part is, Emma has appeared in such a wide range of movies (from "Love Actually" and "Much Ado About Nothing," to the "Harry Potter" series and "Nanny McPhee") that no matter what your preference in movies, chances are you've seen her in something you loved!
We've noticed a few trends in her style, that she definitely loves a fur shawl here and there, and the lady has a preference for black, white and neutrals -- though she certainly throws in a few pops of color (see the photo to the right, for instance).
Click through the gallery above to see Emma's style transformation through the years!