Adobe Transforms MAX Into the Creativity Conference
Adobe Transforms MAX Into the Creativity Conference
New Focus for Event Explores the Ideas, Inspirations and Technologies that Push the Boundaries of Creative Thinking
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Adobe Systems Incorporated (NAS: ADBE) today announced featured luminary and breakout sessions at Adobe MAX, The Creative Conference, taking place May 4-8, 2013 at the Los Angeles Convention Center and Nokia Theatre. The four-day event includes a packed lineup of keynotes, luminary sessions, training workshops and sneaks presented by the best in the industry, including graphic designer and illustrator Paula Scher, multimedia artist Phil Hansen, designer and writer Rob Legato, photographer Erik Johansson and EA chief creative officer Richard Hilleman.
MAX will convene more than 5,000 industry leaders to exchange ideas, get inspired and explore how creativity is changing the world. The conference will feature highly anticipated MAX keynotes hosted by Adobe's senior vice president and general manager of Digital Media, David Wadhwani that will explore the dramatically changing creative process and major advancements in technology. Adobe is expected to unveil a milestone update to Adobe® Creative Cloud™ at the event. Each full conference pass includes a one year Adobe Creative Cloud membership.
Luminary sessions will expose attendees to new ways of thinking about creative projects and some of most innovative, boundary-pushing, experimental work out there. Highlighted luminary sessions include:
- Jessica Walsh (design): The Importance of Play in Innovation
- Greg Gorman (photography): Celebrity Portraiture: Behind the Scenes with Greg Gorman
- Jeffrey Zeldman (Web): Ten Commandments of Modern Web Design
- karlssonwilker (design): Creativity, Technology, and karlssonwilker
- Jacob Rosenberg (video): Dust to Lightening: The Unique Storytelling of Bandito Brothers
- Scott Belsky (Web): Behance: Connecting the Creative World
Redesigning the MAX Identity
In reimagining every aspect of Adobe MAX, the company challenged designers to rethink the MAX brand and design a new logo that embodied the new creative spirit of MAX. Top design firms and studios, including Sagmeister and Walsh, karlssonwilker, and Vasava applied their unique vision to the challenge. Design enthusiasts were invited to watch the creative process in action as Jessica Walsh of Sagmeister and Walsh hosted a live 24-hour redesign session featuring a single design material. The redesigned logos can be viewed here.
Breakout Sessions & Labs
Industry leaders and Adobe experts will host more than 300 breakout training sessions and labs, providing attendees with the opportunity to gain the knowledge needed to stay competitive and the inspiration to create their best work via five MAX tracks:
- Design & Creativity - Get unlimited inspiration in just a few days, with sessions and hands-on labs covering everything from digital imaging, typography, color theory, and illustration to interaction design, digital publishing, and designing for Web and mobile.
- Web Experiences - Whether just getting started, or already creating complex animations or Web experiences, these hands-on labs, quick tips, and advice from expert panels cover everything attendees need to know about creating for today's Web browsers.
- Video - It's a competitive world out there, and video pros need tools that won't get in the way of their creativity. Led by creative leaders in the industry, sessions will show attendees how to work smarter and faster to bring your high quality productions to any screen.
- Digital Publishing - Be among the first to see how mobile applications built with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite can help connect customers and readers, build brands and grow businesses.
- Gaming - Whether creating casual or social games - from indie to AAA - sessions in the Gaming track will expose attendees to the most-talked about game experiences being created today.
David Wadhwani, senior vice president and general manager, Digital Media, Adobe
- "We reimagined Adobe MAX this year to celebrate the inspiration that come from the community's most creative thinkers. In addition to showcasing the latest technological innovations, the conference will feature insights from the best creative minds who are pushing the boundaries and shaping the future of creativity."
Visit the registration, pricing and accommodations page for more information about special discounts and group passes. Full conference passes also include admission to the MAX Sneaks and Bash, featuring the Black Keys and other special guests
Stay Connected - MAX Social Media Channels
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2013 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo and Creative Cloud are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Adobe Systems Incorporated
Courtney Brigham, 408-536-3902
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Adobe Transforms MAX Into the Creativity Conference originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.