Fashion Teasers from the New 'Great Gatsby' Trailer
- Having a breakdown with lots of lace, tulle and pearls.
- Daisy's daytime look is casual.
- A very Prada-esque dress, lovely at all angles
- What is this amazing peacock/giant champagne bottle situation?
- #realmenwearpink? Also, #need that lace dress.
- Has anyone ever looked more elegant in a fur?
- Who do you think color coordinates Gatsby’s shirts?
- Daisy in lilac.
We've been writing excitedly about Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby adaptation since literally 2010 and judging by this new, almost three-minute long trailer, it might actually come out soon (May 10, allegedly).
A lot of fashion news has come out of the film regarding its period costumes–first that Tiffany & Co. made much of the jewelry; then that Brooks Brothers created the men's looks; and finally we got confirmation that Miuccia Prada designed some beautiful costumes for the film's leading ladies.
This latest trailer gives us a closer look at the designs from all three–most prominently the wardrobes of Daisy (Carey Mulligan) and Gatsby (Leo DiCaprio). The latter is particularly impressive–we get a look at Gatsby's wide assortment of fancy shirts and at one point he dons a lovely pink suit. Buchanan, of course, is stunning in every frame. Watch below and click through the gallery for a breakdown of the fashion.
Watch below and click through the gallery for a breakdown of the fashion.
More From Fashionista:
Emporio Armani's Roaring Twenties Look
Fashionista's Guide to Finding the Perfect Spring Jacket
Why Your Local Dance Store Might Be the Best Place to Buy New Shoes
A Look at the Next Generation of Body Toning Beauty Products
Marc Jacobs and Boyfriend Get Lovey Dovey in Rio