Hits and Misses from the Academy of Country Music Awards
Country music's biggest night, the Academy of Country Music Awards, was filled with concert-style performances, powerhouse voices, and some, shall we say, interesting fashion choices.
- Jewel looked like a gem in this sparkly peach gown.
- Between the hair (on both!), the bedazzled leather jacket and the cleavage overload, this duo made our "Miss List."
- We're really not quite sure what's happening with this dress or those overalls, but we know we're not a fan!
- We love a good peplum, and this silver gown looked gorgeous on singer Maggie Rose.
- We have to say RaeLynn's hair looks amazing (though we'd remove that big flower) -- but her outfit is just too over the top for our taste.
- Hillary Scott, mom-to-be, looked gorgeous (and glowing!) in this navy gown, and her bandmates Dave Haywood and Charles Kelley were absolutely dapper!
- The dress itself is fairly plain, but we just can't get past Jaida's hair!
- Scotty looked quite sharp, and we LOVE the gingham tie! (Plus, any man who know to pair navy with brown is a winner in our books.)
- Sometimes feathers are too much, but not in this case! Singer Kacey Musgraves nails it in this fun and flirty dress.
- Walker's jacket is cringe-worthy enough, but then we noticed how short Craig's dress is. Not our favorite looks!
- We're not sure we've ever seen a dress made in the color of that skirt before, and we don't think it's a trend that'll be catching on ANY time soon. From head to toe, this one's a miss!
- Kramer was dazzling in this embellished gold gown.
- We could do without the black lace peplum on this dress, if you could call the very flat fabric a peplum!
- Luke Brian, co-host of the show with Blake Shelton, chose a very nice jacket over dark slacks, while Caroline Boyer glowed in a backless metallic dress.
- We'd change the hair for sure, but we're loving this BCBG dress on Kaley!
- Shania, what were you thinking? This dress with what looks like coattails behind it is already not our favorite, but to pair it with these boots(especially in springtime) just feels wrong!
- Actress Beth Behrs looked pretty in pink, wearing a lace gown.
- We LOVE Faith, but felt the slit on the front of this lace Chado Ralph Rucci dress went a bit too high - so we'll have to call this outfit a miss.
- Stafford rocked this wrap-like emerald gown like a pro, and looked stunning!
- The "Blown Away" singer looked lovely in this floral gown.
- Danielle Peck certainly took a risk with this dress, but it's a miss for us.
- There's some big hair going on for these siblings, but all three looked great.
- We don't love the sheer shawl Shawna is wearing over her shoulders, and were glad to see it could be removed when she and her husband accepted their award!
- There's too much pattern going on here for our liking -- we prefer a classic suit. But we must say it looks tailored for him perfectly!
- Taylor never seems to let us down, and the ACM Awards were no different! The singer looked glamorous in a metallic embellished gown.
- We know Casadee has a bombshell voice, we just wish she'd picked a bombshell dress!
- We'd like this look better if Tori pulled her hair into a fun updo and added some glam with a great pair of earrings.
- Jones looked stunning in this simple one-shouldered gown.
- How amazing does Sheryl Crow look? We love that she went with this daring outfit -- and we think she pulls it off perfectly.
- We don't know about you, but we were afraid that this dress was a wardrobe disaster waiting to happen for Ms. Lambert!
- Hayes looked quite sharp in this outfit, keeping it comfortable by choosing a pair of sneakers over dress shoes.
O'Dell looked lovely in this flowing white and gold gown.
On April 7, many of our favorite country ladies wore white or metallic dresses, and a few even chose to wear pantsuits in lieu of the traditional floor length ensemble. Taylor Swift dazzled in a gold gown, and Jewel glimmered in an embellished peach dress. Carrie Underwood's bright floral gown was a red carpet show stopper.
There were, of course, many sirens who missed the style mark, with looks that were either ill fitting, far too short, or too low cut.
Click through the gallery to see the style hits and misses of the 48th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards!