Secrets of Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
- Aging Gracefully: Christy Turlington Burns
Age-defying cover girl Christy Turlington Burns flashes the paparazzi an endearing smile as they catch her in New York City on April 23, 2012. The 43-year old is a huge fan of yoga and also runs—she even completed the 2011 New York City Marathon to raise funds for her organization, Every Mother Counts. She also enjoys smoothies and often mixes veggies into them.
- Aging Gracefully: Halle Berry
Still sporting one of the best bodies in Hollywood at 46, Halle Berry works out for an hour and a half hours four times a week, doing exercises that work multiple muscles at once. She eats five times a day to keep her blood sugar steady since she’s diabetic, having fresh, whole foods and being sure to get plenty of vegetables and protein. She’s stunning as ever here at Variety's 4th Annual Power Of Women Event on October 5, 2012.
- Aging Gracefully: Cindy Crawford
Supermodel Cindy Crawford, 46, recently tweeted that she’s cut down on how much makeup she wears, saying, “It can make you look older.” Her natural look is a winner here at the Satellite Awards on May 2, 2012. Cosmetics aside, she also started her anti-aging skincare line, Meaningful Beauty, and follows the Zone Diet. She doesn’t slack in the fitness department either, making sure to find the time to regularly run, lift weights, and do Pilates, and she likes to hike on weekends.
- Aging Gracefully: Christie BrinkleyModel Christie Brinkley poses inside the Cambridge Theater before her final Chicago performance in London on August 27, 2011. The 58-year-old mother-of-three still turns heads on the red carpet, thanks in part to her spf-rich, all-natural, vegan skin care regimen. Brinkley dished her anti-aging secrets when she launched her own anti-aging skincare line calledChristie Brinkley Skin Care in 2011.
- Aging Gracefully: Jane SeymourThough knee injuries in her late teens ended her ballet career, actress Jane Seymour didn’t let them stop her fitness routine. The feisty, British redhead, pictured here at the premiere Love, Wedding, Marriage in Los Angeles on May 17, 2011, stays slim at age 61 by playing golf and tennis between shooting movies.
- Aging Gracefully: Charlotte RossActress Charlotte Ross, 44, glows at the Diamonds Not Fur Gala in West Hollywood on August 27, 2011, just a few months after she became a vegetarian. Ross supplements her meat-free diet with flavored soy products and eats organic whole fruits and veggies. This automatically cut cholesterol and lowered her saturated-fat intake, decreasing her chance of type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease and increasing her chance of looking this good even longer!
- Aging Gracefully: Sela WardActress Sela Ward told USA Today nearly 10 years ago that she could no longer rely on her youthful metabolism to stay thin. But at 56, she looks better than ever. Here she's shown at the Summer Soiree held at The London Hotel on August 10, 2011 in West Hollywood. What's her secret? Three cardio workouts per week on her StairMaster (and never skipping!).
- Aging Gracefully: Catherine KeenerActress Catherine Keener keeps the youthful glow around her eyes and cheeks alive at 53 with one simple trick: moisturizing. Cracked, flaky skin is a sure sign of aging because the skin’s top layer is already dead. For added precaution, Keener says she moisturizes extra heavily in dry climates. She flashes her signature freckles at the DGA Theater in Los Angeles on March 21, 2011.
- Aging Gracefully: Diane KeatonActress Diane Keaton is "aging gracefully" embodied. She has the same healthy glow and sense of humor at age 66 that she had when she starred in Woody Allen’s Annie Hall three decades ago—sans plastic surgery. Posing for a photo in New York City on November 7, 2010, her radiance is evidence that youcan age beautifully without going under the knife.
- Aging Gracefully: Demi MooreBesides her signature long, sleek locks, actress Demi Moore, 49, stays looking young by eating a clean diet. Moore's raw vegan diet eliminates cooked foods all together and is heavy on fruits, veggie, juices, smoothies, and soups. Here, she lights up the red carpet at the Urban Zen Stephan Weiss Apple Awards in New York City on June 9, 2011.
- Aging Gracefully: Kim CattrallActress Kim Cattrall says she shies away from plastic surgery because she doesn’t feel the need to look 20 years younger. At 56, she admits it’s harder to stay fit than it used to be, but thanks to daily workouts and drinking eight cups of water, she still looks like Sex and the City’s favorite man-eater here at Ryerson Theatre in Toronto on September 11, 2011.
- Aging Gracefully: Meryl Streep
A Hollywood mainstay for more than 40 years and referred to as one of the most talented actresses of all time, Meryl Streep also remains one of the most beautiful stars. The 63-year-old swims three or four times a week, logging up to 55 laps at a time, and has said she doesn’t like the sun and opposes plastic surgery. Perhaps her best weapon, though, is her attitude: She believes you need to “embrace” getting older. Here she radiates at the Hope Springs premiere in New York City on August 6, 2012.
- Aging Gracefully: Helen MirrenStep aside Pippa Middleton. Fitness fanatics in the U.K. voted actress Helen Mirren as Body of the Year in 2011, beating out actresses 20 and 30 years younger. And 67-years-young Mirren attributes her slim bod to walking her dogs constantly, but she’s also a fan of the Wii Fit. Here, the dame smiles for photogs at the UK premiere of The Debt at The Curzon Mayfair on September 21, 2011.
- Aging Gracefully: Michelle PfeifferMichelle Pfeiffer keeps her 54-year-old body in shape with daily treadmill workouts (four to six miles a day). Plus, she adheres to a low-fat diet that doesn't include wheat, dairy, or sugar. The actress is often spotted in public without a stitch of makeup, saying she doesn’t like to wear a lot of color on her face. Pfieffer's natural radiance shines through, even under the pressure of the red carpet at the White House Correspondents Dinner in Washington D.C. on May 1, 2010.
- Aging Gracefully: Sandra Bullock
America’s sweetheart is two years away from 50—but you would never guess it in this close-up from the Academy Awards on February 26, 2012. Sandra Bullock uses anti-aging cream to keep her face young and her fab figure is thanks to a lot of sweat: Six days a week she works out with trainer Simone De La Rue, doing a combination of dance, strength-training, yoga, and Pilates for an hour.
- Aging Gracefully: Ramona Singer
While she may have been lambasted by her Real Housewives of NYC co-star Aviva Drescher for being “too old to party,” 55-year-old Ramona Singer still looks fab for her age at the RHONY season 5 premiere party on June 4, 2012. She weight trains two or three times a week and religiously uses SPF 70 on her face and chest from her own anti-aging line, Tru Renewal.
While many of our favorite celebs are blessed with great genes, looking fabulous while aging requires paying attention to diet, exercise, and sticking to a beauty regimen that works for you.
I'm not smart - I'm 41! You're 17! - Julia Roberts to niece Emma Roberts
Click through the gallery to see which celebs have maintained a youthful appearance, and exactly how they did it.
Which celebrities haven't been so careful about maintaining that youthful glow? Find out here!
More From Shape:
Beauty Secrets from Hollywood's Iconic Beauties
6 New Ways to Make Your Mani Last Longer
The Top 10 Ways to Boost Your Body Confidence
8 Bizarre Ways Celebrities Stay Looking Young