Media Advisory: HR strives to meet growing M&A challenges - new Mercer infographic
Media Advisory:HR strives to meet growing M&A challenges - new Mercer infographic
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The attitudes and opinions of HR leaders from around the world about their role in M&A transactions were featured in Mercer's latest weekly Mercer/THINK infographic "HR Strives to Meet Growing M&A Challenges" (http://mercerthink.mercer.com). Key insights highlighted in this infographic, broken out by geographic region, reveal:
- By a wide margin HR leaders selected change management and business/culture integration as the two issues receiving insufficient leadership attention in M&A situations
- Areas of growing HR involvement in M&A include more support for post-merger integration, increased business focus and knowledge in order to realize full deal value and aggressive timelines between targeting, signing and closing transactions
- HR leaders who felt their departments could not meet leadership's M&A requirements identified better executive direction, better project management, resources for country-specific HR regulations/practices and M&A-focused training as the most helpful areas for improved outcomes
These findings were derived from more than 325 HR executives who were surveyed as part of their attending Mercer's global M&A Ready™ (www.mercer.com/MAREADY) 2012 workshops across the Americas, Asia Pacific and EMEA.
M&A Ready two-day executive workshops cover today's best practices in each deal phase as well as critical processes and strategic HR project management approaches that are designed for both cross-border and domestic transactions.
If you would like to discuss the insights highlighted in the infographic or other M&A related topics with Mercer consultants including Len Gray, Global Leader of Mercer's M&A consulting business, please contact Bruce Lee at 212-345-0553 or email@example.com. Please also feel free to republish the infographic in your own media outlets.
NOTE TO EDITORS - Mercer has recently launched the M&A Ready 2013 workshop series, now in its tenth year, with 24 workshops scheduled worldwide.
In the Americas M&A Ready 2013 workshops will be held in the following locations:
- Calgary, Canada - April 10-11
- Medellin, Colombia - April 17-18
- Houston, USA - April 24-25
- Miami, USA - May 14-15
- Toronto, Canada - June 12-13
- New York, USA - June 26-27
- San Francisco, USA - September 17-18
- Mexico City, Mexico - October (exact date tbd)
- Chicago, USA - October 23-24
To learn more and to register for M&A Ready 2013 workshops, please visit www.mercer.com/MAREADY.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYS: MMC) , a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. With 53,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $11 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, a global leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter, a global leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; and Oliver Wyman, a global leader in management consulting. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @MercerInsights.
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article Media Advisory: HR strives to meet growing M&A challenges - new Mercer infographic originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.