Take Down Golf's Greatest Legends in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14
Take Down Golf's Greatest Legends in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14
Rewrite Majors History by Defeating Golf Icons Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Bobby Jones and a Host of Others on the World's Most Famous Golf Courses
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Electronic Arts Inc., (NAS: EA) announced today that fans will be able to battle nine of the greatest golf legends of all time in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 14. The all-new game mode, Legends of the Majors, gives players a chance to travel back through time and relive the rich history of golf by matching up against the sport's greatest legends, including Seve Ballesteros, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Sam Snead, Lee Trevino and Tiger Woods. Players can work their way through these legends in various eras and take each of them down to earn their own seat at the table of golf legends.
Take Down Golf's Greatest Legends in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 (Photo: Business Wire)
Hoisting the Claret Jug, breaking Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 major victories and slipping on the coveted Green Jacket are now all within a player's reach. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 users, for the first time in franchise history, have a chance to go for the Grand Slam by playing historical events in all four majors, the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship. The game goes on sale in North America on March 26 and worldwide on March 28, for both the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support for the Kinect™ for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Move.
"This year's edition of the game delivers a collection of innovative golf features that provide players an unprecedented chance to rewrite the record books," said Mike Taramykin, Vice President of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR. "Players can earn legendary status by conquering the greatest legends of all time or challenge their friends on some of the world's most renowned courses. Without question, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is the best edition the franchise has produced in years."
Features in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 include:
- More Championship Courses - Featuring Augusta National Golf Club, the Old Course at St Andrews, Pinehurst No. 2 Restored and THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. This year's game features the most courses ever offered on disc - a total of 20 courses.
- Huge Player Roster - A robust roster of more than 35 playable golfers, representing both the PGA TOUR and LPGA, are featured in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. Compete against legends of the game and present-day stars including Bubba Watson, Keegan Bradley, Rickie Fowler, Lexi Thompson and Paula Creamer.
- Look the Part - Step to the tee box on the game's historic courses, experience unique era-specific gameplay visual treatments, wear classic attire and use equipment from golf's rich history as you travel through time rewriting the record books with your own legacy.
- Make Way for the Ladies - Another new feature to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise is the introduction of the LPGA. Female created golfers can now compete on the LPGA and attempt to become a major champion by winning the Kraft Nabisco Championship. There are five playable LPGA golfers including 2012 Rolex Player of the Year Stacy Lewis.
- Golf Anytime in Any Condition - For the first time in franchise history, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 features night golf. Tee it up after the sun goes down and watch your drives streak through the night skies with an illuminated ball. In addition, new time-of-day settings allow fans to play golf in any condition at any time of day in conjunction with a live weather feed.
- Members Only - Country Clubs are back and better than ever with the ability to invite up to 100 members, chat online, hold tournaments and track statistics to create the ultimate competitive environment.
- Customize Your Swing - With 24 unique golfer swing styles available, you now have the ability to customize the type of golfer you want to be. Advanced shot shaping, enhanced strike meter and ball physics have all been improved to reflect a real-world golfing experience.
- Never Play Alone - A new online experience allows you to play with up to 24 competitors at a time while an all-new dynamic stat tracking system feeds live data from the entire tournament field and makes you feel as if you're in the mix of a real event.
More information about Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14: The Masters Historic Edition will be coming soon.
The first game details, pre-order offers and downloadable content information for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 were released today on the EA SPORTS Tiger Woods PGA TOUR website, with additional details to be released in the weeks leading up to the game launch.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is developed in Orlando, Fla., by EA Tiburon and will retail for $59.99. Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 will be participating in the EA SPORTS Season Ticket program. Season Ticket subscribers will be provided full digital access to Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 three days before retail launch.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR golf, SSX™ and Fight Night boxing.
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit http://www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NAS: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and social networks. EA has more than 250 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2012, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.1 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at http://info.ea.com.
EA SPORTS, The Sims, SSX and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Mass Effect is a trademark of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. Battlefield is a trademark of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. Official FIFA licensed product. "© The FIFA name and OLP Logo are copyright or trademark protected by FIFA. All rights reserved." Manufactured under license by Electronic Arts Inc. John Madden, NFL, NBA, NCAA, Tiger Woods and PGA TOUR are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. Xbox 360 and Kinect are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. "PlayStation" and "PlayStation Move" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About the PGA TOUR
The PGA TOUR is the world's premier membership organization for touring professional golfers, co-sanctioning more than 100 tournaments on the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour, Web.com Tour, PGA TOUR Latinoamérica and PGA TOUR Canada.
The PGA TOUR's mission is to entertain and inspire its fans, deliver substantial value to its partners, create outlets for volunteers to give back, generate significant charitable and economic impact in communities in which it plays, and provide financial opportunities for TOUR players.
Including the U.S., PGA TOUR tournaments are broadcast to approximately 944 million households in 225 countries and territories in 32 languages. Virtually all tournaments are organized as non-profit organizations in order to maximize charitable giving. In 2011, tournaments on the three Tours generated more than $121 million for local charitable organizations, bringing the TOUR's all-time total of charitable contributions to more than $1.7 billion.
The PGA TOUR's web site is PGATOUR.com, the No. 1 site in golf, and the organization is headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article Take Down Golf's Greatest Legends in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.