Actuate Announces ActuateOne for Performance Analytics
Actuate Announces ActuateOne for Performance Analytics
Integrated Solution Enables Improved Organizational Performance with Focused, Advanced Analytics to Avoid Big Data Deluge
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- ActuateOne LIVE! 2012 - Actuate Corporation (NAS: BIRT) , The BIRT Company™ - delivering more insights to more people than all BI companies combined - today announced ActuateOne® for Performance Analytics, an integrated solution for all levels in an organization to discover trends and anomalies, analyze key business processes and drive performance improvements. ActuateOne for Performance Analytics is the latest in a series of solutions that sit on top of the new BIRT iHub, designed based on Actuate's experience of delivering over 600 performance improvement deployments.
Performance analytics is more relevant than ever, providing the sharpened focus necessary to cut through extraordinary data volumes to find the most relevant factors that drive competitive advantage. ActuateOne for Performance Analytics allows business users to apply advanced analytics to vast and varied data sources, including data warehouses, machine data, and distributed Big Data sources, such as Hadoop, to identify the success factors that allow them to make informed decisions. The solution then helps the organization to enhance and operationalize these insights via interactive visualizations, analysis and collaboration capabilities.
"The rise of Big Data has brought to the forefront the need for intuitive, powerful business analytics tools that can be used by all levels of the organization," said Howard Dresner, Chief Research Officer at Dresner Advisory Services. "In this year's Wisdom of Crowds® Business Intelligence Market Study®, we noted that visualization is among the most demanded capabilities of BI moving forward, as a means to make data more accessible to a broader set of users."
"It is all too easy to drown in the deluge of Big Data. Users need easily digestible visualizations that enable them to understand the levers that drive their business, to enable meaningful collaboration and ground-breaking improvement," said Utpal Bhatt, Vice President and General Manager of the Performance Analytics Group at Actuate. "In any industry, Performance Analytics is the most efficient way to instantly highlight the areas where the most effective improvements can be made to improve organizational performance. ActuateOne for Performance Analytics leverages our experience in understanding methods that drive performance improvement - with more than 750 best practice KPIs in the measure library, across 25 of the most commonly employed measurement categories. The solution presents meaningful metrics and is applicable across industries, including government, public sector, utilities, financial services and healthcare."
"Big Data is not necessarily good data," said Shaku Atre, Founder and Managing Partner, Atre Group. "The key to finding actionable information that makes a tangible difference to the bottom line is to know which data to discard. Thus, effective analysis of Big Data is critical. ActuateOne for Performance Analytics helps organizations know which data to throw out - and it lets end users more quickly identify actionable insights that determine an organization's Golden Path through the data maze."
ActuateOne for Performance Analytics realizes the following benefits:
- Mobile Briefing Books: Business people can now access Briefing Books on touch devices as well as desktops to display information from multiple scorecards and allow users to drill down to understand performance trends to enhance transparency and accountability.
- Sophisticated end-user-driven analysis and calculations: ActuateOne for Performance Analytics includes a sophisticated performance analytics calculation engine that enables business users to perform sophisticated multi-dimensional calculations and analytics based on rules they can configure themselves.
- Purpose built visualizations: With the ability to display information and key metrics using integrated dashboards, scorecards and contextual reports, the solution helps deliver performance insights to each and every user in the organization in the most efficient fashion.
- Big Data navigation: With the ability to access and combine data warehouse, distributed, machine and third party data on a large scale, business users can expand the scope of their performance analytics and even leverage historical data to make more informed decisions and also understand which data actually matters.
- Social collaboration and initiative management: The advanced collaboration and initiative management capability enables users to make decisions collaboratively and then follow through with targeted initiatives. Users can enrich dashboards and data visualizations with commentary, discussion threads and email alerts for truly collaborative decision-making.
- Full deployment flexibility: Powered by the BIRT iHub,ActuateOne for Performance Analytics is available on-premise and in the cloud and can be deployed organization-wide or within a department. The solution fixes the problems associated with systems that typically produce disconnected silos of information by delivering multiple options through a single, unified user experience characterized by ease of use, unmatched scalability, reliability and time to value.
Today's business users want to be able to answer more complex analytic inquiries, and with the recent addition of BIRT Analytics to the ActuateOne product family, the ability to perform visual data mining and predictive analytics will be available to Actuate's performance analytics customers.
ActuateOne for Performance Analytics delivers an end to end solution to create tactical, operational and strategic dashboards and scorecards from any enterprise data; allowing business users to visualize, discover, analyze, manage and improve complex business variables in a single, collaborative environment - with minimal reliance on IT. Unlike traditional performance analytics products, ActuateOne for Performance Analytics moves beyond simple data display, to deliver a comprehensive view of enterprise intelligence - allowing users to understand the cause and effect of business events against key metrics and KPIs, as well as to collaboratively see relationships that generate insights to improve performance.
To learn more about ActuateOne for Performance Analytics visit: www.actuate.com/Performance_Analytics.
Actuate founded and co-leads the BIRT open source project, which is used by 2 million developers around the globe and serves as the foundation of the ActuateOne® platform. Applications built on ActuateOne deliver more business and consumer insights to more people than all BI companies combined - ensuring organizations are ready for the exponential growth of Big Data and the proliferation of touch devices.
The ActuateOne platform empowers developers to rapidly develop custom, BIRT-based business analyticsand customer communications applications. ActuateOne applications built with one BIRT design can access and integrate any data, including unstructured sources. They provide one user experience regardless of skill level and are supported by one platform for any cloud, hybrid, on-premise, web or touch device deployment.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Actuate has over 5,000 customers globally in a diverse range of business areas including financial services,technology and the public sector. Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BIRT. For more information, visit www.actuate.com or engage with the BIRT community at www.birt-exchange.com.
Copyright © 2012 Actuate Corporation. All rights reserved. Actuate, ActuateOne, and the Actuate logo are registered trademarks of Actuate Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other brands, names or trademarks mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Leena Bengani, +1 650 645 3837
KEYWORDS: United States North America California New York
The article Actuate Announces ActuateOne for Performance Analytics originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.