Stock Roundup: Banking and Beyond
In today's video, Fool analysts Anand Chokkavelu and Andrew Tonner discuss recent events in banking and beyond, including the following:
- Did Citigroup lose out in its deal to sell its stake in Smith Barney to Morgan Stanley?
- Is the government's large sale of AIG shares good for AIG in the long term?
- Are AIG's shares, in turn, a bargain for Wall Street underwriters?
- We look at the latest tech movements from ... Nike.
- And we put Apple in context with the U.S. economy.
With so many of the big finance firms getting bad press these days, you may be inclined to stay away from the sector entirely. But that could be a huge mistake. In fact, some of the best opportunities over the next few years can be found there, including one small, under-the-radar bank. It's been called one of The Stocks Only the Smartest Investors Are Buying. You can learn about it, and more, in our exclusive free report. Just click here to keep reading.
The article Stock Roundup: Banking and Beyond originally appeared on Fool.com.Anand Chokkavelu owns shares of Apple, Citigroup, and JPMorgan Chase and warrants in AIG, Citigroup, and JPMorgan Chase. Andrew Tonner owns shares of Apple. The Motley Fool owns shares of Apple, Citigroup , and JPMorgan Chase. Motley Fool newsletter services recommend Apple and Nike. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools don't all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.