The Parade of IPOs Keeps Coming
There sure are a lot of newbies crowding the exchanges.
At least 15 companies have gone public this month, and another three are hoping to price their deals this week.
The last couple of years may have been slow on the IPO front, but the pipeline is starting to seem more like a gusher now.
I recently went over five of last year's debutantes that are reporting quarterly results today. Now let's take a look at some of the companies that have gone public this month.
- Brightcove (NAS: BCOV) is the most recent offering, popping 30% higher Friday after hitting the market at $11. The digital media publishing platform saw its stock tack on another 6% yesterday.
- HomeStreet (NAS: HMST) went public at $44 a week earlier. The Seattle-based financial services company provides banking, investment, and insurance products.
- GSE Holding (NYS: GSE) is a polymer maker that had to postpone its IPO in December. It was hoping to price its deal between $13 and $15, but had to settle for $9 a stub two months later.
- Greenway Medical Technologies (NYS: GWAY) provides physicians with electronic health records. It's been one of this month's biggest winners. Greenway went public at $10 during the first week of the month and is now trading 40% higher. Green way, indeed.
- Ceasars Entertainment (NAS: CZR) traded as high as $17 the day it went public, but the casino operator has now fallen back into the preteens.
Shiny and new
February may be the shortest month of the year, but it's been packed with plenty of new offerings.
If you're into new things, there's a new report detailing the only stock you need to cash in on a new technology revolution. The report is free, but it won't be around forever so check it out now.
At the time this article was published Try any of our Foolish newsletter servicesfree for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe thatconsidering a diverse range of insightsmakes us better investors. The Motley Fool has adisclosure policy.Longtime Fool contributor Rick Munarriz calls them as he sees them. He does not own shares in any of the stocks in this story. Rick is also part of the Rule Breakers newsletter research team, seeking out tomorrow's ultimate growth stocks a day early.
Copyright © 1995 - 2012 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.