Top 10 Reasons Steve Jobs Will Be Missed By Apple Employees
As the world mourns the loss of Apple's iconic founder, Steve Jobs, we are reminded of what an innovative and dynamic leader he was through the memories and words of those who knew best – the employees at Apple.
When Jobs stepped down as CEO of Apple this past August, he left the tech giant with an outstanding 97% approval rating among employees. That approval rating speaks volumes as it made Jobs the third highest rated CEO among all CEOs on Glassdoor at the time.
Below are just some of the reasons Steve Jobs will be missed by Apple employees:
1. "Steve Jobs is the Thomas Edison of this century...the Steve Jobs keynote presentations are as close to 'rock star' as an engineer is ever going to get." – Apple Middle Manager (Cupertino, CA)
2. "You will have lots of opportunity to practice working in a somewhat chaotic, but often creative workplace, and to benefit from the genius of Steve Jobs." – Apple Employee (Cupertino, CA)
3. "Steve Jobs is on top of things; if he see's bureaucracy he will cut it out, and even if he doesn't there is a fear that if he does see you as a bureaucrat he will cut you out." – Apple Software Engineer IV (Cupertino, CA)
4. "Absolutely loved working for Uncle Steve. The corporation, even as a corporation, was a great thing to be a part of." – Apple Genius (Mission Viejo, CA)
5. "Great senior level management, I can see how Steve Jobs gets voted the Best CEO." – Apple Engineer (Cupertino, CA)
6. "Steve Jobs is revered at the company. He seems to be a great leader and everyone is excited about the products." – Apple Employee (Cupertino, CA)
7. "It's one of the most exciting places to work for! Watching Apple grow in the Steve 2.0 era has been nothing short of astonishing." – Apple Network Engineer (Cupertino, CA)
8. "Apple takes care of its employees. Full time workers receive health benefits, all employees are offered stock options and very good prices on previous generation apple products." – Apple Mac Specialist (location n/a)
9. "I am proud to say that I work for Apple. The products speak for themselves and it is great to be able to use them." - Apple Project Manager (Austin, TX)
10. "Management is transparent and very friend, great colleagues, pleasant work environment in which you encouraged to be who you are." – Apple Employee (location n/a)
Read more Apple reviews from employees.
You can also view Glassdoor's co-founder, Tim Besse, paying tribute to Steve Jobs when he stepped down as CEO of Apple, while providing insight into what Apple employees have to say on Glassdoor TV.
Stories from Glassdoor.com
- Is University Of Phoenix A Good Place To Work?
- Looks For The Companies With The Smudged Glass Doors
- Major Considerations When Choosing A Major For Today's College Student