Sample Resume: Warehouse Worker
Read Full Story
If you've been working in the warehouse and industrial environments long enough, you may have been promoted to supervisor or manager. This leads to the inevitable question -- how do you best represent your leadership talents on a resume?
Always look for opportunities to quantify your experiences, by percentages or strict numbers. If you have special training or used specific workflow processes, list when you used them and the outcome.
Michael D. Jobseeker
430 Main St. • YourTown, USA • (312) 555-1020
Well-qualified shipping and distribution manager with 20 years' experience in supply chain management. Expertise includes lean manufacturing, facilities management, Six Sigma, production planning and safety. Strong staff development, cost-reduction and process-optimization capabilities.
Inventory and Loading Dock Manager, December 2005 - Present
Big Shipping Company, YourTown, USA
- Managed 140 union employees.
- Renegotiated all shipping contracts, resulting in 15 percent cost savings.
- Improved on-time shipment by 30 percent using Six Sigma procedures.
- Implemented environmentally-conscious efforts including new recycling program and use of locally-purchased material.
Shipping and Distribution Manager, April 1999 - November 2005
ABC Warehouse, AnyTown, USA
- Managed a staff of 32 employees covering two shifts.
- Administered an operating budget of $1.3 million across cost centers including inventory, receiving and maintenance.
- Used Six Sigma processes to implement productivity improvement plans.
Assistant Distribution Manager, March 1991 - April 1999
Paper Corporation, Cityville, USA
- Promoted from warehouse shift worker to assistant supervisor.
- Co-managed 22 union employees across two shifts.
- Trained staff in efficiency processes and safety regulations.
- Oversaw shipping and receiving activities in 20,000-square-foot warehouse with more than 30 shipments daily.
Awards and Achievements
- Big Shipping Company Employee of the Year, 2008
- ABC Warehouse Safety Award Winner, 2004
Certifications and Training
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Lean manufacturing certification, proficient in kaizen, SMED, value stream mapping
- Certified Production Technician (CPT) credential
Next: States Seeing Dramatic Labor Shifts
Stories from Reader's Digest