Villacanas Carnival Ride Accident Kills 3 Tourists
The carnival was part of a fiesta in Villacanas, a town of 9,000 that lies roughly 50 miles east of Toledo, the Associated Press reports.
The ride, which spins on an axis, threw three Romanian men in their 20s and 30s from the ride, killing them. A Romanian teenager was severely injured.
Spanish paper El Mundo said the ride, called the Tarantula, broke apart from the ground, CBS News reports.
Earlier this summer, an 11-year old girl died after falling from the Great Wheel at Morey's Piers in New Jersey.
- Europe's Most Regal Castles[AOL Travel]
- The World's Most Intriguing Lost Cities[AOL Travel]
- Eight Voyages of a Lifetime[Lonely Planet]
- Women in Airline Advertisements of the 1950s[NileGuide]
- Cheap Car Rental, With a Catch[Fox News Travel]