'Panda' Proposes Marriage on Chinese High-Speed Train
Sure, it may not be the most conventional route, but it totally worked for the guy in this video.
Unfortunately our Chinese is a little rusty, but according to the kids over at Shanghaiist, the panda proposed to his girlfriend of three years aboard the Beijing-Shanghai high-speed rail.
At first the girl looks completely freaked, but once her love removed his panda mask, her awkward giggles of fear turned to those of delight.
So, to the cheers of dozens of his train-riding companions, Mr. Panda took to his knee and offered up a ring. (No word yet on how many carats.) He called his love "the most important person in my life." Girlfriend cried like a baby -- but she said yes!
Not convinced that mid-travel proposals are a regular occurrence? Check out the best in-flight proposals here, including one of our favorites, that of flight attendant Vera Silva and her now-fiance, Joao Vieira.
- 11 Bizarre and Mysterious Historical Sites [AOL Travel]
- Will and Kate's Sexiest Wedding Present [AOL Travel]
- How to Avoid Common Menu Blunders in Europe [The Daily Meal]
- The Most Fairytale-like European Castles [Lonely Planet]
- Travel to Cuba Now Legal for Americans [ShermansTravel]