Dale Watson's Tiger Airways Blues Song
Country singer Dale Watson has written a blues song about an unlikely subject: Tiger Airways.
Dale Watson, YouTube
Watson was traveling from Melbourne to Sydney en route to a festival in April when the budget airline, which has since been grounded, charged him $500 in excess baggage fees for a box of CDs worth $3,000, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The airline then lost the box of CDs, leaving Watson with nothing to sell at the festival. The airline has since failed to reimburse the singer.
An angry Watson promised the airline that he would write a song about the ordeal and post it on YouTube. He wasn't kidding, watch it below.
Watson takes on the airline's customer service staff in the song, and recalls a "heated discussion" he had with a PR manager, whom he names.
This isn't the first time someone has written a song about being a disgruntled traveler. In 2009, United Airlines reportedly broke Dave Carroll's guitar. Carroll wrote a song, "United Breaks Guitar," which garnered millions of page views.
Check it out below:
More Articles You Might Like
- 11 Bizarre and Mysterious Historical Sites[AOL Travel]
- Will and Kate's Sexiest Wedding Present[AOL Travel]
- How to Avoid Common Menu Blunders in Europe[The Daily Meal]
- The Most Fairytale-like European Castles[Lonely Planet]
- Travel to Cuba Now Legal for Americans[ShermansTravel]