Destin-Nation Honduras: Central American Travel on the Cheap
Micah & Erin, flickr
The Central American country, which is slightly smaller than Ohio, packs a punch, offering Mayan ruins, virgin jungle, and pristine beaches.
As it stands, the U.S. dollar trades for just under 19 Honduran lempira. To put that in more concrete terms: Cocktails cost $1.50. The cocktail lounge? A handful of pleasant small towns dotting the Caribbean coastline.
About 3 hours by air from Texas, Honduras is also convenient and perpetually warm - a little humid perhaps, but its a privilege to whine about such things come winter. The San Pedro Sula airport is a convenient entry for beach goers, who may want to rent a car given the recently paved highways that run across the northern coastline.
Tip: Make sure to look into travel safety tips when visiting Honduras.
- Destin-Nation Ukraine: A Former SSR on a Budget [AOL Travel]
- Destin-Nation Thailand: Best Beaches in the World? [AOL Travel]
- The World's 10 Deadliest Delicacies [The Daily Meal]
- Why Airfares Are Higher, Explained [Fox News Travel]
- Would You Trust a Car That Drives Itself? [NileGuide]