New Zealand Women Set Off Airport Metal Detectors With Foil-Wrapped Marijuana
File this under "how stupid can you be?" of the day: Two women are facing drug possession charges after one was caught with marijuana in her bra. OK that's bad but the reason the marijuana was found was that it was wrapped in foil, which set off the metal detectors at the New Zealand airport where they were attempting to board their flight.
Daquella manera, flickr
The women, from Christchurch, New Zealand were apprehended at the country's Queenstown Airport after repeatedly setting off metal detectors.
One woman, age 52, had 50 grams of marijuana dispersed throughout 28 individually foil-wrapped packets hidden in her bra, the "Southland Times" reports.
Upon the discovery, her friend, age 44, was also questioned by police. It was revealed that she had hidden 40 grams of marijuana on her body.
The women were trying to board a plane to Christchurch when the incident occurred.
More Articles You Might Like
- Five Discoveries to Make at a National Park[AOL Travel]
- 10 Smallest Bars in the World[Fox News]
- The 20 Best Kept Secrets of Washington, D.C.[Budget Travel]
- 10 Best Apps for Hungry (and Thirsty) Travelers[The Daily Meal]
- Visit the World's Most Majestic Forests[Sherman's Travel]