Man Delays Flight Over Fear of Female Pilot
The middle-aged man became jittery when he heard the female pilot's voice as announcements were made on the Mumbai-bound Indigo airlines flight, according to various news reports.
The flight was already running late due to fog, but as the plane was cleared for takeoff the man began grumbling to other passengers he didn't want to fly on a plane flown by a woman, a source told The Times of India. He even called over a flight attendant to obejct.
The man said, "I don't want to die! She can't take care of the house, how will she take care of a plane," co-passenger Partha Guh told news agency IANS.
The disturbance reportedly went on for 40 minutes. Eventually airline security staff escorted the man off the flight.
The carrier confirmed a passenger was de-planed after he "misbehaved and showed disrespect to our crew members."
An airport official called the man "mentally unsound."
More Articles You Might Like
- Delta Plane Blows Engine On Cayman Runway [AOL Travel]
- 11 Hotels That Offer Free Hot Breakfasts [Reader's Digest]
- 15 Travel Secrets of Veteran Globetrotters [Reader's Digest]
- How To Be Frugal Without Missing Out (Photos) [Lonely Planet]
- 13 Things Your Pilot Won't Tell You [Reader's Digest]